;2

;callum

my pencil hits the oaken wood beneath it, making a rhythmic sound.

the professor continues his boring lecture, describing ways to identify strong businessmen.

i sigh heavily, continuing to tap wood-on-wood.

"do you mind?" the blond, nameless boy asks beside me.

i turn my head, glaring towards the boy.

before my heart sinks.

his eyes were sad and dark, surrounded by fading black rings. his cheekbones were high, but his cheeks were fully sunken in. his lips were chapped and pale, along with his skin, it was lacking the colour it should've had.

his nose was prominent, though he sniffled often. his hair was disheveled from running his hand through it.

i curl my lips up softly, admiring the sad male.

"cut it out." he huffs, and i immediately drop my pencil, getting lost in his void eyes.

"s-sorry." i choke out, feelings swarming in my stomach.

"thank you." he sighs, before continuing to stare at the professor.

my gaze remains on the boy, watching as he spins his pen between his fingers, while his other fingers tap on the desk softly.

his lip is pulled between his teeth as he concentrates solely on the professor, nodding as he understands what he says.

"stop looking at me." he mutters, causing my breath to hitch.

i quickly avert my gaze back to the board, taking slow, deep breaths as my heart races.

//

the lecture ends, and he immediately climbs out of his seat, rushing quickly towards the door. i follow his footsteps, running to catch up to him.

the halls crowd, but i keep my eye on his blond head, watching as it bobs through the crowd.

then he goes into the bathroom.

i quickly press my way through the crowd, navigating my way to the bathroom.

i enter it, heavy breaths leaving my lips.

i quiet down, before i hear something i never wanted to hear.

sobbing.

//
Hope you enjoyed! -Nicole xx