The Moon Goddess simply laughed, "What makes you say she doesn't trust you as of now Luke? She seems to trust you perfectly fine, if she didn't then she wouldn't have been in that hospital room with you. What is it you're scared of?" Zane stared at me confused. I looked down, "I'm afraid of rejection. I don't want to loose her again." The Goddess gave a soft smile, "You won't know if you don't try Luke, its time to get up now. You're pack needs you now and so does Danni and Kelsey. I will see you again soon Alpha Luke." With that a bright light shown and before I knew what hit me,

I was awake again. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about what the Moon Goddess had said. 'You won't know if you don't try Luke...' I sat up and looked to the bed, still lying there was a sleeping Danni and Kelsey, or so I thought. I got up and sat down on the opposite side of the bed. Kelsey was emidiately up and on my lap within seconds. I gave a low laugh as Danni rolled over to face me, she looked worried.

"Luke, are you okay? You were sleep talking about something last night. It sounded urgent." I froze for a second, then brushed it off, "It was nothing, just a bad dream." She scooted closer to me, laying her head on my shoulder, "What was it about?"
I looked out the window, "I was out with you and we got attacked by another pack. I tried to defend you but they took you from me and made you watch me...die. I wasn't marked either so I didn't feel out emotional bond breaking but...but you are and from the heavens I had watched you suffer, because of me...I don't want that to happen, I don't want to watch you suffer something I couldn't and should've felt." I felt her look away, she knows that it would be true. If I died, I wouldn't feel a thing, but she would feel everything, all the pain, emotions, depression, and eventually, going pschycotic.

"Luke, I...I dont know what to say. I love you so much now but-" All of a sudden, I felt a jolt of pain sent in waves through me. Kelsey jumped off of me as I gave a pained groan. Danni looked panicked. "Luke, Luke what's happening?!" I heard Zane howl, The Fates, they found out about our deal with the Moon Goddess, they are trying to kill us! We have to get Danni to mark us or we are done for!

Danni laid me down on the bed, "I'll go get the pack doctor!" I grabbed her by the wrist, "No, Danni, you can't leave, I need you here! Only you can help me, no one else can!" She fell down on her knees next to the bed in near tears as I held her hand. Another wave of pain was sent through me like electricity. This time, it was Danni who screeched in pain. "The bond...Luke, you're dying!" U continued to hold her hand, "Listen Danni, if I go out, I can't let you endure the pain alone, Danni, I want, no, I need you to mark me. I won't take no for an answer, I'm not gonna let you suffer alone!" It was silent for a moment, then she stood and nodded. Her face was covered in tears, her beautiful eyes were loosing its loving glow. I closed my eyes as she bent over top of me to my neck. A wave of pain shot through me again and I winced in pain. Seconds later, I felt her teeth on my skin, it made me shutter. I felt a shot of pain, then a tingling feeling in my neck. Then, everything went black.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hello my shifter lovelies! Now I know what you're gonna say, Allie, where tha fuck you been for the past 5 damn months?! And the answer is school, it's a pain in the ass this year and I just completely forgot about The Horse and The Fox. I'm trying right now guys, to find more time to do this, hopefully over Christmas break I will be on the ball with my chapters. Also, sorry for the cliffhanger (Not sorry 🐶 ♀) I promise to get you your next chapter out ASAP. Until then, Shifter out!