Chapter 34 ~ September 13th

Start from the beginning

Rieka resisted the urge to backhand him at his attitude and instead sighed, "When did this happen?"

"About two years ago, thats when I awakened by Sharingan and last year, during the Third Shinobi War, thats when I awakened my Mangekyō." He explained, shrinking under her harsh gaze.

Rieka nodded, accepting the answer before she spoke again. "Wait? To awaken you Mangekyō Sharingan you need to.."

Rieka looked down at Shisui, watching as his shoulders tensed before his gaze became fixed on his hands, fumbling in slight fear. She patted his head, a frown etched across her face as he spoke.

"I-I.. saw..." Shisui's voice began to crack, he clenched his fist tightly in frustration as he breathed out sharply, "I couldn't do anything..."

Rieka pulled the Uchiha into a slightly awkward hug, but he didn't seem to mind, letting go of his pent up emotions into the collar of her jumper. After a few moments he broke awake, tears stained her jumper as he wiped his face.

"I-I'm sorry.." He muttered, his puffy red eyes looking down in shame.

Rieka ruffled his hair and smiled lightly. "Don't worry about, kid."

::

Rieka let out a swift sigh, burying her hands deeper into her pockets as she made her way down the streets of Konoha, weaving through the busying crowd. She eventually came across a lone house, after walking up the step she ratted on the door. There was a few loud noises before the door was slammed over, an annoyed red-head gladly answered the door.

"Rieka!" A smile brightened on the Uzumaki's face. "What are ya doing here?!"

Rieka smiled up at Kushina, "Thought i'd come say hi to you and Kakashi."

Rieka smirked slightly, waving towards Kakashi who was seated at Kushina's dinning table, a grim look plastered on his face. Recently - thanks to both Guy and Rieka's pleading - Minato and relieved Kakashi of his ANBU duties, instead giving him a mission to watch over the heavily pregnant Kushina.

Rieka was pulled into a tight embrace by the bride of the Hokage, making for an awkward encounter due to her bloated stomach. Even though Rieka had turned off her sensor skills, she could still feel the Nine Tailed Fox's chakra in the air. It was incredible tense and thick, almost choking Rieka, leaving her with a nasty feeling.

The Fox's chakra was not pleasant, it gave off an erie vibe and left people feeling dark and afraid, and because of the Akiyama's intense sensory skills, Rieka could feel it 100X worse.

"Come in! I've been meaning to come see you, ya know!!" Kushina guided Rieka into her home, presenting her with a seat beside Kakashi.

Rieka ignored the Fox's chakra, almost laughing at Kushina's verbal dysfunction, even after all these years, she still had it.

"Well.." Kakashi began, Rieka could see the smirk forming from underneath his mask.

"I've got an appointment with the Hokage." Kakashi rose to his feet, quickly scurrying towards the door before anyone could object.

"Take care of yourselves!!" He waved, shutting the door behind him.

Translation: She is all your problem.

Rieka glared at the door Kakashi had disappeared behind, taking a mental note to end him later and turning to Kushina, who was smiling widely.

"So.. eh.. have you decided on a name for.. her?"

"Him." Kushina correct, a grin breaking out. "We have actually, its from one of Jiraiya's books."

Rieka felt her face pale as her eyebrow ticked in annoyance. "But not one of his pervy ones!" Kushina quickly reassured the brunette, relief clear on her face.

"What is it?" She asked, edging forward slightly in her seat.

Kushina grinned. "Naruto, Namikaze Naruto!"

Namikaze.. Naruto...

A smile made its way onto Rieka's face, "Yeah! I like that, Naruto! Its sounds nice.."

Rieka was thrown into her own world, reliving the pages of the book Minato had gifted her. "I read the book, its great."

Kushina nodded, "We want Naruto to grow up to be just like the protagonist from Jiraiya's book, ya know!"

"Naruto will definitely become someone great, after all, he is your child." Rieka winked, a grin forming on her face.

"N-Not really... ya know.." Kushina found herself blushing brightly at the comment.

"Yes, he will. He'll become a shinobi. In fact, when he is born, i'll quit my job as ANBU and become a Jonin Sensei. Just so I can be there when Naruto goes on his first mission!" Rieka promised, a heartfelt smile evident.

Suddenly tears began to form in Kushina's eyes which caused Rieka to begin panicking, she jumped up from her seat and rushed to the pregnant woman's side.

"W-Whats wrong?!" She asked, eyes widening in slight fear, never being one for tears.

"I-Its just that.. I-I probably won't m-make it u-until than.. a-and.." Kushina struggled to speak, she had been reduced to a slobbering mess at the thought.

Rieka instantly understood what she meant, after all, Kushina is the jinchuuriki of the nine tails, they are destined to live short lives. There is always people after Kushina, and Minato isn't always be around to protect her, not to mention the struggle of giving birth to Naruto with the nine tails sealed inside of her, even with her Uzumaki blood she might not survive.

Rieka was at a loss with what to do, knelling beside the snivelling Uzumaki as she clutched her hands, attempted to offer some kind of comfort. 

"Kushina." Rieka called out, catching the red heads attention.

She looked into her dark orbs, determination burning within. "If anything were to happen to either you or Minato.. I will watch over Naruto, I promise."

Kushina gave her a strained smile, tears streaming down her flushed cheeks as she frantically wiped them away. She looked down at the brunette, this time with more confidence, "Thank you, Rieka.."

A grin broke out onto the red heads face, "You just became a godmother, ya know!"

It took a few moments for Rieka to process the Uzumaki's words, "Wait! What?"

Kushina giggled, smiling widely as she nodded, "You're Naruto's godmother!"

"W-Wait! Don't I get a say in this?!" Rieka exclaimed, staring at Kushina in disbelief.

"Nope!" She shook her head, her childish grin brightening.

Rieka burst out into fits of laugher, pulling Kushina into a hug - ignoring the nine tails chakra - and smiled.

"Thanks, Kushina!"