Chapter 21 - All Things End

Everything's about to go down!!! Hang on for the ride :) Oh and it's back in Dani's POV.

***********************************************************************************************************

      I stared at Aaron, frozen in my spot by the fear now coursing through my veins. He stood there smirking the way I always remembered. He was probably pleased by my reaction to him. Up close I could tell the differences between the old Aaron and the monster standing before me. His skin was a pale icy white and his eyes were a deep crimson color. He was still handsome and it had been enhanced by the vampire traits. But this wasn't the same jerk I once knew. He was darker, more evil. "Did you miss me darling?" he asked taking a step toward me. His voice had a certain ring to it that screamed danger. "What happened to you?" I reply stalling for time. I glance at the door, measuring the distance and how much time I'd need. I took a sidestep after returning my gaze to Aaron but my movement didn't go unnoticed.

      Aaron shot over to block the way to the door at an inhuman speed. Then again he wasn't human anymore. "I've been changed and transformed. I'm sure you are more then aware of what I am," he spoke with a smile. "A vampire," I whispered but even though the thunderous collisions were being heard outside from the fight, I'm sure he still heard me. "A very strong and powerful vampire at that," he chuckled full of himself. He stepped slowly forward again but I matched his step by backing up. He could be on me in seconds but he wasn't doing that. He was just toying with me. "More like a monster Aaron," I spat at him with more edge than I anticipated. The smile melted from his face and turned into a glare.

      Before I could blink, Aaron lunged at me and pushed me against the corner wall. I held in a scream because I knew that's what he wanted me to do...scream and beg. It was like he got a sick pleasure out of it when we had dated but it was scary even more now. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see the fight raging outside. It looked as if we were winning. I didn't have the luxury of getting to find Jacob or Paul's wolf form because Aaron pulled back my attention. "Don't underestimate me Dani. You left me to rot in Missouri. Now I'm back for you baby," he said pressing up against me. His body was cold and completely opposite of the warmth I was used to from Jacob. I pushed hard against his chest to try and separate from him but his vampire strength prevented me from getting very far. "I wish you would have rotted. I never loved you. You were abusive and I don't want you. I'm in love with Jacob," I exclaim still trying to get away. "That stupid mutt? I'll kill him myself," he threatened the smirk returning. "Don't touch him Aaron. If you hurt him, I'll-" I begin breathing heavy with the effort to get away from him and the acting confident. Aaron interrupted me by slamming his hand in the wall next to my head causing some of it the crumble. "What will you do? You're a fragile human. Like a flower...a daisy. Just one snap," he states and twists my arm, causing it to break in several spots," and you break." I let out a scream that I'm sure all of Forks and La Push could hear.

      The pain was unbearable. It shot up my arm and through my whole body. Hopefully the guys heard me and would come. "You see Dani, I plan to put you through the pain that you caused me when you left," he says wrapping his hand around my throat. His other hand was keeping me strictly against the wall. The scream had died down to whimpering and crying because of the pain. I couldn't breathe and the tears were making it hard to see. The pain I was feeling made my head begin the ache. I could make out that he was moving his mouth closer to my bare neck but I couldn't move away if I tried. I would have been yelling for help but his grip tightened around my throat making it incredibly hard to do so. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to increase. I could feel the tip of Aaraon's teeth graze my skin but I loud crash caught both of our attention before he could bite me.

      Jacob came barrelling through one of the big windows in the living room. Shards of glass went flying everywhere. Jacob lunged at Aaron who was still holding me. He ran out of the way causing me to skid across the glass covered ground in his hurry to dodge Jacob. I could feel the broken glass digging into my skin but I pushed it out of my mind. I slowly pushed myself up with my good arm and watched the guys. Things were being broken as Jacob and Aaron wrestled and fought in the living room. I was sure it would be completely destroyed after it was all over. They blurred together as they dodged and struck each other with equal blows. I gasped every time I heard a whine from Jacob. I had to refrain from helping even though I couldn't stand just to watch. I had to do something, I just didn't know what. What I didn't realize was that I already was helping. Besides the pain in my arm, I suddenly felt a sharp stab in the thigh of my leg. I looked down to see a piece of glass sticking from my jeans. Blood surrounded the cut and had soaked through my jeans. I carefully pulled the shard from my leg and put pressure on it to slow the bleeding, only then noticing small scraps on my arms.

      Suddenly, Jacob was thrown across the room and landing on top of the piano, smashing under his weight. He didn't move as I ran as much as I could to his side forgetting the bleeding. "Jacob? Jacob get up!" I yelled pushing against his furry body. I wasn't even focused on Aaron and the danger I was in. I was hurt, bleeding, and in a room with an evil vampire. I could care less at the moment. What mattered in my mind was Jacob's health and safety.

      Before I had a chance to do anything else, I was slammed against the wall held off the ground by my throat. I let out a throaty scream and clawed at Aaron's hand. "Now Danielle, all things must end. First your dog and now you," he said with a sneer. I could feel myself going in and out of consciousness. I cried as I thought about what was about to happen. I wouldn't see my parents again. I'd never get to tell the pack that I'd miss them. And then there's Jacob. I wouldn't get to tell him I loved him. I won't get to hold him and feel his warmth, to see his brilliant smile. I guess Aaron was right in one aspect of life. Eventually all things must end. But not like this, not by him. As I slipped into unconsciousness from the lack of oxygen and the pain, I didn't know what would be of me when I woke up....if I ever woke up.