Chapter 28

Nash POV

I squeezed Ava's hand, trying to wake her up.

"What?" She sighed. I smiled, glancing over at her.

"We're here." I said. Her eyes opened slightly and she yawned, stretching. How did I get so lucky? She opened her eyes fully, looking at me and smiling widely.

"Come on lovebirds, quit staring at each other and get out." Cam said with a chuckle, getting out. I smiled at Ava, letting go of her hand as we got out of the car.

Once everyone had gotten into the house and changed out of their snowboarding clothes, we met in the kitchen, sitting down.

"Do you want to go to dinner?" I asked them. Ava nodded excitedly as Cam shrugged.

"I'm not actually all that hungry. But you two should go, I'll just hang out here." I looked at him questioningly. Not hungry? Cam? Excuse me?

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded.

"Totally."

"Okay, let me get changed. I'll be right out." Ava said, running into her room.

I looked at Cam, raising an eyebrow. "Not hungry? You?" I asked. He smirked, shrugging.

"Enjoy your date with Ava." He said. I shook my head, trying to hold back a grin.

"Thanks, Cam." I said. I really did have the best friends.

I waited for a minute before Ava came out with a smile. She was wearing a burgundy sweater with a black jacket and black leggings with her wallet in hand. I smiled, walking over to her and kissing her on the cheek. Once my lips made contact with her skin, I quickly grabbed the wallet from her hand, tossing it to Cam who easily caught it and sat on it. Ava groaned.

"Guys!" She sighed. I grinned, kissing her forehead this time.

"You do enough already. Let me pay." She glared at me as I smirked, grabbing her hand.

"We'll be back by eleven." I told Cam, pulling her out the door.

"Have fun!" He called after us. We got into the car as she stared straight ahead.

"Don't pretend to be mad."

"I'm not pretending." I sighed and looked over at her.

"Just let me pay." I said, reaching to grab her hand. Before I could, she snatched it away.

"I want to help." I bit my lip

Was she really upset? I hadn't meant to make her mad, I only wanted to pay. I reached over farther, taking her hand out of her lap.

"Ava, I genuinely want to pay. I can't think of a better thing to spend my money on than you. So please, let me pay." I said, squeezing her hand

."I want to pay too."

"You liking me back is enough, seriously." She looked over at me, and although it had only been a few minutes since we'd made eye contact, I had missed it.

"I only like you sometimes." She said. I smirked and narrowed my eyes, leaning in.

"Do you like me now?" I asked quietly, leaning in. I heard her breath hitch in her throat and I felt a small sense of pride surge through me.

"No." She whispered, her voice cracking.

"No?" I asked, not missing a beat as my nose brushed against hers. She sighed, seemingly fed up with the situation, tangling her fingers in my hair and pulling me toward her, connecting our lips.

I climbed over the seat half way to meet her. She shook her head in the kiss, pushing me back into my seat and crawling over to meet me in a more comfortable position, not once breaking the kiss. She shifted slightly as I pushed her back, when I pushed her backward, her back hit the steering wheel, making the horn go off. She jumped back into her seat, her cheeks pink. I smirked slightly, as she looked at me, obviously flustered.

Cam came running out and his eyes widened, opening Ava's door.

"Why are you still here? And why'd you honk the‑ oh." He said, looking at my messed up hair.

"My god, you can't keep your hands off of each other, can you? Hurry up and go to dinner. Ava, don't try anything when Nash is driving, he'll get... Distracted." Now it was my turn to get flustered, glaring at him as my face heated up.

"Have fun." Cam said with a smirk, heading back into the house. Ava cleared her throat as we both looked down. I started the car in silence, pulling out of the driveway.

"I'll let you pay if that's what going to happen every time." Ava spoke up. I grinned, glancing at her and grabbing her hand.

"It's a promise." I said. I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye and I got the same feeling I did every time we kissed.

I was so unbelievably lucky.