Chapter 19

I sighed, looking in the mirror. I pulled up my shirt and looked at my legs, sighing at my appearance.

I picked up the photos from the shoots I'd done and ran a hand through my hair, noticing the changes in my body from two months before to then. When I began modeling, I weighed one hundred and twenty nine pounds. I was a healthy weight, because I was a healthy person. I exercised, ate right, did everything I was supposed to do. I was no longer healthy. I didn't eat right, and I worked out more than enough. There was no fat left on my body, only muscle. But that was fading away too, because I could barely eat. Starving yourself takes away muscle as well as fat, so I was losing a considerably large amount of weight.

I was ninety four pounds.

I had lost thirty five pounds in two months. Pounds that I didn't need to lose.

But it was for a good reason, we were still in the same house as we were two months prior, and things were going well. I made us a lot of money with modeling. My mom was able to quit her job and get a better paying one, so that I wasn't the only one supporting the family.

I hadn't talked to Nash since we said goodbye. I didn't want to. I did like him, I really did. Then I watched a video of Magcon Colorado.

Nash didn't even try to fix things when the crowd boo'd me. After that Magcon, I had received more hate than ever. People didn't want me on the Earth anymore. Sometimes it became overwhelming, and the only thing I could do about it was cry. I couldn't respond to any of the comments, that would only make them worse.

I didn't need for things to get worse. I couldn't even stand looking at Nash's face, I couldn't stand him. Things had changed. So many things have changed in two months.

I sighed again, putting my shirt down and sitting on my bed, thinking of how much things had changed. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of Nash's and my last memory together.

"Goodbye, Nash." I said. He sighed as the rest of the boys filed out.

"Will you promise me one thing?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled.

"Don't forget me, princess. And don't stop liking me. Things will work out, and we'll be a couple again. But when that happens, I don't want to have to win you over again." He said with a grin. I giggled and nodded as he held out his pinky. I intertwined his pinky with mine and squeezed it.

"I promise."

"Forever?" He asked. I grinned and nodded.

"Forever." I wiped my tears, going to the bathroom and taking off my makeup. ­

Nash POV

I rolled my eyes, putting a magazine down. There, on the front cover was Ava.

But it wasn't Ava, it wasn't my Ava. I guessed she wasn't mine anymore.

She was skinnier, a lot skinnier. She wore more revealing clothes. She clearly wore push up bras, which she didn't need. Her hair was never natural anymore, it was always done up in a fancy way. She wore makeup.

She was still beautiful, but in a different way.

She was beautiful like a model, not like she was before. She used to be naturally beautiful. Something that models aren't good at showing off. She didn't look like she'd give good hugs anymore, she was bony. Her face had also become thinner, her cheekbones protruding. I didn't understand why she was changing, and to be completely honest, I was angry.

She used to make fun of models in magazines. She used to be so naturally perfect. I didn't understand why she was doing that to herself. Ava, my Ava, a model. I rolled my eyes. She wasn't the girl she used to be. She wasn't my Ava anymore. She was just Ava Jacobson, the model. I slammed the magazine down on my bed and covered my face with my hands, sighing. Everything pissed me off. Since we broke up, I hadn't been happy. I missed her.