Chapter 23

Ava POV

"Kiss me." Cameron said. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, connecting our lips in a sweet kiss. We both smiled into the kiss and pulled away slowly, resting our foreheads against one another's.

"How was that?" I asked, pulling away completely.

The group cheered as Cameron and I laughed.

"You two look like you're in love." Mahogany said. Cameron high‑ fived me and I grinned.

"You really do. Nash will totally buy it." Matt said. I smiled and Cameron raised an eyebrow.

"Speaking of Nash, where is he?" He asked.

"He's penny boarding." Gilinsky said. "He said he was pissed at Ava and needed to get away." He told us. I glanced at Cameron nervously, only quick enough for the both of us to notice.

Cameron was the only one that knew what had been happening with Nash and I, and I intended to keep it that way.

"So what now? I wouldn't just tell him, so how's he supposed to find out?" I asked.

"I'll tell him. He'd expect it from his best friend." Cameron said. I nodded.

"Dude, you realize Nash is going to seriously hurt you. He's going to get so unbelievably jealous." Johnson said.

Cam laughed. "I know, I know. But he likes Mia. And if this is the only way to get him to admit it, fine."

"He hates me, Cam." I said. He turned to me and smirked.

"Well if that's the truth, at least I'm having fun with it." He said, connecting our lips again. I laughed and pushed him away.

"Shut up. I'm going to get ready and wake up Sky, then we can go out to breakfast or something." I said. The group agreed as I hurried back to my room.

Cameron wrapped his arm around me, kissing the top of my head.

"You cold?" He asked. I nodded and he pulled me closer to him.

"I like your natural hair." He said, playing with a piece of it.

"Me too." I said with a smile. He grinned and we continued to walk until we got to breakfast.

"Did Nash text back?" I asked, sitting down next to Cam. He shook his head, taking off his flannel and putting it over my black shirt. I smiled as he spoke again.

"No. But he read it, so he knows." I took a deep breath and nodded, pursing my lips together.

"Okay." He put his hand over mine, squeezing it gently.

"Everything's gonna be okay, babe." I gave him a small smile and he grinned, ruffling my brown hair. I giggled as the waiter came over.

-

Once we had gotten our food, a familiar pair of gorgeous blue eyes walked through the door. Cam must have seen out of the corner of his eye, because he squeezed his warm hand against my cold one once more, glancing at me. I gave him a half smile before taking a bite of my pancakes. Nash walked over, looking down at me as everyone silently ate their food. He just looked at me. I didn't know what he was thinking, or if he was trying to tell me something. He just looked.

"Hey." I whispered hoarsely.

"Hi." He replied, slipping off his jacket. His voice showed no emotion. He sat down next to Gilinsky, across from Cam and I.