Chapter 9

Ava POV

I lied awake for quite a while, not being able to fall asleep. It wasn't good because Magcon started at ten in the morning it was already one in the morning. I sighed, staring at the ceiling. I glanced at Sky, hearing her snore softly, and I stood up quietly. I needed to get out, I couldn't just stare at the ceiling all night. I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra, so I quickly pulled out a sweatshirt and slipped it over, slipping my phone in my pocket. I glanced at my penny board, deciding to grab it before heading out. I walked out of the hotel quietly, smiling at the receptionist before leaving. I put my penny board down, boarding to the pier quickly and looking out over the ocean. I smiled, remembering the day I spent with Matt at the beach. Suddenly, arms wrapped around me and a hand went over my mouth, lifting me easily off of the ground. I gasped and struggled in the man's grasp, thrashing around. I heard the man chuckle and set me down as I whirled around to face him.

Speak of the devil.

I gasped at Matt's smug smirk, smacking his shoulder.

"Asshole!" I yelled. He laughed and leaned forward to hug me. I shook my head, backing up.

"No, no hugs. You're a dick." He grinned.

"Awe, come on! Please?" He asked, pouting. I looked at his face as he raised an eyebrow, silently pouting for a hug. I grinned and scurried forward as he laughed, wrapping his arms around me. I smiled into his chest as he let me go.

"Why are you out here at one in the morning? It's dangerous."

"And it's not for you?" I asked, looking back out over the pier. He shook his head.

"Not nearly as much as it is for you. A young, beautiful girl, all alone, at night?" He said. I blushed, thankful that it was dark.

"Beautiful?" He smirked, glancing at me.

"A little."

"A little beautiful?" I asked, looking at him with a smirk of my own. He chuckled.

"A lot beautiful." I blushed like mad and shook my head, looking out over the ocean.

"Why are you out here?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I couldn't sleep. You?" He shrugged as well

"Needed to clear my head." I wanted to know what he meant, but I didn't ask. He smiled at me.

"So how's you and Nash?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"You know, you two are a lot alike. Every time I talk to him he asks the same thing about us." Matt laughed as I shook my head. "We're friends."

He smirked. "Really?" I sighed.

"Yes, really. Friends." He held his hands up.

"Fine, fine. Liar." I shoved him as he laughed.

"There's really nothing going on between you two?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing." That wasn't really a lie, I mean, there wasn't anything going on between us. It was just me liking him. He grinned and I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He shook his head.

"Nothing, nothing. Do you want to board down to the ice cream shop?"

"I didn't bring any money." He smirked. "I wasn't going to let you pay, anyways." He said. I shook my head, trying to hide my smile.

"Fine." As we boarded down, I realized that I might have been developing some feelings for Matt, as well. At first, I felt terrible for liking two people. But the more I thought about it, the better it sounded too like Matt. Liking him could help me get over Nash because I didn't want to like him. I didn't want to like the older brother of the child I babysat. His mother would not be happy if she found out...