Chapter 26

I sat on the couch, sipping tea from a mug. I tried my best to hear the conversation in the other room, but I couldn't. What was Cam saying to Nash?

Nash POV

Cam closed the door behind us, sitting on the bed.

"Talk to me." He said. I looked at him guiltily, remaining standing.

"I'm so sorry, Cam." I said, crossing my arms. He looked at me.

"Do you have feelings for her?"

"Cam‑"

"Do you have feelings for her?" He repeated, more harshly this time. I looked down.

Did I have feelings for her? Of course you have feelings for her, you idiot. I never stopped. I didn't want to. I wanted to look at her the way she looked at me, as a friend. But it hurt to see her and Cam together. But if I wanted to see her as a friend, I couldn't let it bother me anymore.

"No." I lied through my teeth.

"Then why'd you kiss her?" He asked.

He looked at me, standing up. "Does it bother you that I'm with her?" I tried not to look angry.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Positive?"

"Yes."

"Absolutely sure?"

"Cam! Shut up!" I yelled, shoving him across the room. He glared at me.

"You're jealous!" He said.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes, you are. You have feelings for her, Nash."

"No I don't!"

"You're lying!" He yelled. I was so unbelievably angry, and I could feel my restraint slowly slipping away from me.

"Does it bother you, Nash?"

"No"

"When we kiss?"

"No."

"When you see my hands on her?"

"No." I growled. I was going to snap.

"How about the fact that you might have a chance with her if I wasn't with her?" He asked. I snapped. I shoved him, sending him flying.

"Of course it bugs me, Cam! Of course I still have feelings for her! It sucks seeing you two together! My best friend and my ex? It sucks! Every time you come near her I want to hurt you, do you get that? It drives me crazy! I can't stand the thought of you two together. It makes me sick. I can't stand everything being this dramatic! Our lives have turned into a fucking movie, it's a joke." I spat. He looked at me from his spot on the ground, pushing himself up to a standing position.

"I know." He said. My eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, did I hear that right? You know? I fucking scream my feelings at you and admit how I've been feeling since you two got together and you say you know? This whole time? Do you understand how much it sucks?"

"Yeah I do. And you're my best friend, do you think I couldn't tell how you felt? You really think I'd put you through that?" I glared at him.

"You did! You put me through that, Cam!" I snapped. He laughed a little bit, shaking his head.