Chapter 22

Nash and I stayed a good distance away from each other for the night after we finished our little kissing session, actually made the cake, and got cleaned up and changed. Thank god he had brought a spare change of clothes.

"Ava." Shawn said. I snapped out of it, shaking my head.

"Sorry, what?" He smirked.

"I said, why are you staring at Nash?" He asked. I shook my head again.

"I was zoning out. Sorry." He shrugged.

"It's fine. Are you two honestly done?" He asked. I gave him a small smile.

"Shawn, tonight's about you. Don't make it about me. I've had enough attention in the past twenty‑four hours to last me a lifetime. It's your turn." He grinned as I pushed him playfully.

"Will you sing with me?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"Shawn‑"

"Please. Just the first song. I'm nervous."

"What's the first song?" He gave me a sheepish grin, looking down at me.

"Treat you better."

"No."

"Please?"

"Shawn, that's your song. Any other song." He sighed.

"Fine. I'll switch the arrangement. I'll sing Never be alone first. Will you sing that with me?" He asked, giving me a puppy dog face. I smiled at him, nodding.

"Sure." He grinned and leaned down, kissing my cheek.

"Thank you. I have to go and set up. I'll text you five minutes before we go on." He said. I smiled.

"Alright." He grinned and ran backstage as I smiled awkwardly, looking down at my water and sipping from it.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing all alone?" A voice asked from behind me, making goosebumps come to my skin. I turned around slowly, seeing Cameron smirking. I gasped, holding a hand to my chest.

"Jesus Christ, don't do that." He chuckled and stepped forward, wrapping his arms around me.

"Sorry." I smiled.

"It's okay."

"But really, you've got to be careful. You really do look stunning tonight, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who's noticed." He said. I blushed as he smiled.

"Nash has noticed as well." He said with a smirk, glancing around.

"You don't think I saw him go into the bathroom to wash the lipstick off his face?"

"Cam‑"

"No, no. You don't have to explain anything to me."

"We're not together."

"I know."

"I don't like him."

"I know that's what you think."

"No, I know I don't like him Cam."

"You like him and he likes you."

"You're wrong." He turned to face me.

"Then would you be up for a little experiment?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of experiment?" He smirked again.

"Be my girlfriend. And see how long it takes Nash to admit his feelings." I shook my head.

"No, Cameron." He grinned.