Chapter 50

Annoyance. That's what radiated through the reddish brown haired medic at this very moment. Annoyance, and unbelievable frustration.

Kaori sat legs crossed in her uncomfortable high raised chair watching through heavily cosmetic covered eyes as her once normal appearance had become so drastically altered she barely recognized herself in the glistening bureau mirror staring back at her.

"I can't believe you guys talked me into this." She said dryly, flinching again as the familiar jolt of an agitating sting shot through her skin from the vicinity of her eyebrows.

"Would you stop fidgeting?" Otoha squinted, a pair of golden aluminum tweezers pinched between her fingers.

​​​​​​She leaned forward plucking the last reddish brown brow hair that looked at odds with all the others watching as Kaori flinched once it was ripped away.

"Pff, geez Kaori! Have fun for once in your life! "

"Otoha is right, its your bachelor party after all!! " Cana explained from behind as she tried to add her mascara.

Kaori sighed.

"Was all this necessary? " She whined shifting uncomfortably in her uncushioned chair. For gods sake how long had she been sitting here? Playing dress up for the now clearly sadistic nurse had thought was once her friend.

It felt like days, though in truth she knew it couldn't have been more than a few hours that she had endured the seemingly endless parade of perfumes and makeup and sparkling jewels and gowns.

Was she even a medic anymore? She felt more like a damn beauty queen than anything.
Otoha scooted off the oak dresser rim to stand at the narrowed eyed medic side scanning her work thoroughly.

"Considering you were one shave short of being a total troll. I would say yes." She scoffed in that all knowing tone that drove Kaori absolutely crazy.

"I swear Otoha I'm gonna-" Kaori vowed but before the full threat could leave her glossed lips an overly excited and feminine voice shrilled out.

"Five minutes ladies!" An equally as well dressed woman called from behind the thick crimson curtain that shielded them from the rest of the stage on the other side.

Otoha squealed in delight before wrapping her arms around Kaori's bare shoulder pulling the reddish haired medic to her feet all to ecstatically.

"Come on get up! I want to see my masterpiece!" She smiled wide and surprisingly giddy.

"Masterpiece? Two seconds ago I was a troll." Kaori snorted finally finding her footing in the ridiculously high heels she had been forced to wear. Cana sighed from the background at their childish behavior.

"Just shut up! Stand up straight!" Otoha demanded grasping the black fabric of Kaori's tight evening gown spreading out the material evenly until their wasn't one visible crease.

Kaori looked down at the tight to her body dress with a grimace, forget beauty queen she felt more like a drag queen. This much makeup and glitter was just unheard of!

She grit her teeth trying to hold back another whine of discomfort from escaping. She felt freakishly tall in theses six inch heels, and the pulling of at least two dozen bobby pins hidden in her reddish brown locks were beginning to hurt.

She glanced over to the bureau mirror, unable to recall a time she felt less like herself in her entire life.

Her skin was a flawless cream with the help of powder and other cosmedics Otoha had forced her to endure. Her usual hazel eyes were morphed into a surprising shade of deep emerald all due to the smoky appearance of her eye shadow and heavy mascara.