Chapter 48

silence....

Nothing could be heard from the quiet and lonely apartment of Kuchiki Kaori.

but thing's arent always as they seem... isnt that true?

A figure of a woman with reddish brownhair, pprobably on her late twenties, lied in the cold floor of her room. It was like she was sleeping...

Her hands were holding tight on something. It was a necklace with a dark stone that grew lighter in the center. In her right hand, a wooden beautiful ring with elegant design's, made with care. A promise ring? A fallen note on the floor.

Her eyes wide open staring into somewhere that seemed too far away for anyone else to reach. Her once hazel eyes, now light purple sclerae, her irides with ripple-pattern that spreaded over her eyeball's.

she is far too away for anyone to reach....

A small smile is visible on her lips. Small, but happy one.

or it was fake happiness, what she was feeling? did it really mattered....?

​​​​​A sudden hitched breath. A tighter squeeze in the stone. A frown visible in Kaori's face.

~×~×~×~
Looking at his kind almond shaped dark eyes, she smile's with tender and longing. He return's her gaze with the same emotions.

'Its time. ' Kaori whispers. He just nods his eyes never leaving hers.

'Wait for me. ' He only says.

She smiles.

'I will '

​​​​​​Then everything turned white.

~×~×~×~

sometimes dreams are just not enough.....

​​​​​​.....

The war ended. Naruto and Sasuke defeated Madara and Kaguya. They stopped the infinity tsukuyomi and freed everyone from it. After that they fought, a match necessary for them , in order to prove something to each other. And they did. They proved their strong friendship, so strong, that none could break it.

It was time . Time for peace. Time for a place where all great nations would be friends with each other, with no war's or hate.

​​​​​​......

Otoha was running in the streets of Konoha. Never in her life she had ran so fast.

"Where the f*ck is she when you need her?! I have to hurry.... Kaori you stupid... You owe me for this!! " She yelled angrily, panting for the too much running. Otoha had stopped, Kaori's house infrond of her.

Otoha kicked the door house open. She searched the house in hurry and then went to Kaori's and Yamato's bedroom.

She tried not to gasp at Kaori's sight. She was pale and thinner from the last time Otoha saw her. Her reddish brown hair a mess in the floor and her eyes closed.

Otoha carefully checked her for any injuries. She was glad there was none. Her eyes softening a little at the other woman's mess, she shook her gently. No reaction.

"Come on Kaori, you idiot wake up!! "

Still nothing. Otoha sighed. She shook her harder.

"Wake the hell up!! Yamato is back, he is a the hospital and he needs you! " She tried again a little desperate.

Kaori stirred. Otoha felt herself relaxing in relief.

"You idiot... "

Kaori's hazel eyes met hers.

"W-what happened..? Why are you here? " The young woman asked dizzyingly. She felt her whole head spinning when everything came back at her, almost knocking her down
​​down. Otoha's word's made her blink several times, not daring to believe what she heard. Her hazel eyes were wide with so much emotion, that Otoha looked away.

"H-he is.... Y-yamato is... " She couldn't find the strength to continue. But her eyes wide and ready to tear up, were saying everything she didn't, perhaps even more. Otoha felt her heart melting at the other woman's reaction.

"Yes.... He is a the hospital as we speak. He was half conscious when Kakashi-san brought him. The only thing he kept repeating was your name, before the doctors had to drug him, so they could heal him property. " Kaori would be normally really surprised and touched by Otoha's quiet and sympathetic for once words. But right now her happiness , her relief couldn't let her think , or hear straight. She jumped from the floor up to her legs with amazing speed. Her bright smile could light up even the darkest soul, Otoha though, feeling her own eyes tearing up.

"I hate you... " Otoha sniffled as she wiped her eyes quickly, touched by all this . But Kaori saw the true meaning behind her words.

"You are one of my best friends too... Even if you can be a real b*tch sometimes. " Kaori said laughing at the end, making Otoha laugh too.

"What can I say... Now let's go to your fiancé as quick as possible!! "

Kaori and Otoha didnt wasted a minute, focusing chackra on their feet, running as. fast as they could.

" Finaly we will be able to have the happy ending we deserve... "

. . . . .