Chapter 43

(in the pic is Kaori 😉)

She looked at the almost dark sky breathing in the smell of salt water.

'It's almost night.. Please everyone , be okay..."

She put her arms around herself to a silent pray.

"Kakashi-sensei we are here" Sai's voice woke her from her prays .

Kakashi nodded taking his kunai.

"You guys stay here. I will go check the others. " He said and Kaori frowned .

"You mean stay here and do nothing?" She said . She couldnt stay there when her friends and her fiance were in danger.

Kakashi sighed at her behavour.

"Should I remind you , that you are a medic nin Kaori? Its a well known shinobi rule that medic nins dont go to the front lines." He said making her look down. She hated that rule . Medic nins werent weak.

Kakashi seemed to be reading her mind because he placed a hand on her shoulder smiling at her.

"I undertand that you want to help your friends, but you will be more useful here. If someone is hurt , we are depending on you remember that.We cant risk having you hurt." He said knowingly and she nodded .

Kakashi then looked at Sai.

"You will be the backup. I will signal you if i need your help. " Kakashi said and Sai nodded.

"Alright then I am off. " Kakashi greeted, disappearing , heading to the ship where the others were.

Kaori sighed and looked longily at the ship , where her fiance was.

'Yamato...Please dont be hurt...'

As she was lost in her thoughts again , she didnt notice Sai looking intensely.

"Kaori-san" Sai stated more than asked . Kaori looked at him questionably , a little irked by his fake smile.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to ask you something since you probably know. Lately I a reading some books about the definition of one word , that my teamates are saying a lot . Especialy Sakura-san." He slowly said a hesitant look in his usual blank face.

"And that word is....?" She asked curious now for what might it be and how could she know about it.

"Love. Can you please define the meaning of it to me?" Sai asked leaving Kaori slightly shocked.

'Wow , I sure did not expected that...'

After her shock faded she replied gently .

"There are many levels of love. The family one , the fiendship one and the lover one .Which onewould you like me to analyse?"

"The..lovers one i guess . It seems the most complicated in books."He said after thinking about it a little. Kaori smirked playfully.

"Is that so? Hmm...I don't exactly know what love is, because no one has ever told me what love is. I've only read about it in books and listened to songs that try to explain the meaning of love.

I've heard songs that say love is like a river, some songs that say love is like an undying flame, and yet others that say love is like a warm breeze. How can love be so many different things and yet be the same?

I had wondered...

Was it the feeling that makes you want to jump out with joy?

Or was it that touch that makes you want to skip across the clouds?