Chapter 44

Past midnight.
The girl was lying ragged on her bed. Insomnia.
She scratched the mattress while thinking intensely.
For a while as her eyes were staring at the ceiling, pictures of her life appeared in front of her eyes. She didn't want to remember anything, but the details were so intense, which wouldn't allow her to forget. Colors, smells, voices .. everything so real.
She closed her eyes, weeping .. looking for tranquility, the absolute vacuum.
Her weakness was holding her back, she felt trapped. As if she was tied by invisible chords, which choke her. Pulled her in the dark.
Every single night the same dream.. She escapes, finds herself and survives. But awakens again in reallity. And the nightmare begins again ..
Speaking each night to herself, searching for courage, hoping to wake up one morning without realizing that it was all just a dream.

-... -.... -.... -... -

*⒨⒠⒨⒪⒭⒴ - ⒟⒭⒠⒜⒨*

​"shh, kaori everything will be alright.... "

​The man cupped her cheeks, looking into her eyes deeply, his dark like night eyes looking into her own soul.

​"i love you. "

The woman took his hands from her cheeks and hold them tight, caressing them like they were the most precious thing for her. She looked at him with her big sad hazel eyes, smiling softly.

"i have to go. "

The man nodded sadly. The woman smiled one more time and kissed his lips for a tender goodbye. Before he could respond however she had pulled back, already heading for the large ink bird on which Sai and Kakashi were. The man in instinct made a move to reach his hand in her direction, but stopped himself. Instead he called her name.

" kaori."

As expected she turned to him her gaze questioning. He smiled.

​"i forgot to give you this. " He said taking something that looked like a letter. It was plain white from the outside, only her name with his simple but nice writing. Kaori looked at it then took it slowly. She then looked back at him, her look asking him what she didnt.

He just smiled in mischief.

"open it when you need it only "

-.... -....-... -

*⒝⒜⒞⒦ ⒯⒪ ⒩⒪⒲*

Kaori gasped, instantly waking up. She breathed in and out slowly. In reflex she instantly start swirling Yamato's promise ring, in her fInger. What she saw was a memory before 3 days, when Gai sent the false SOS signal. She sighed and looked at the class clock. 6 in the morning, she had to get ready for work. She suddenly wondered if Yamato was alright.

" I am sure Yamato is alright. I should stop worrying so much. " Kaori scolded herself, preparing her breakfast.

Everything was almost ready for the upcoming War. Every single citizen wanted to fight and win an everlasting peace. Kaori saw even small kids want to go in the first lines. But of course that wouldn't happen, this war was more serious than some people thought. If they lose the world will end, that was something Kaori was sure of.

She sighed one last time. She had to focus and do her best in her work right now. She would help as much as she could, even if what she did was really small.

-.... -..... -..... -

Kaori was currently reading the files with the nurses that would stay back at Konoha, to take care of the citizens. Except from her, Otoha would stay back too along with some elder nurses. She didnt let that make her feel bad about her abilities, she knew that she would help much more here.