Chapter 42- If your happy i'm happy

JAMES'S P.O.V

The next day I see Eldon in the lounge acting all mopey. I haven't talked to him since last night so I wondered how the whole Emily situation went? "Hey bro, mind if I sit?" I ask. Not even waiting for a reply, I grab a chair from another table and swing it around to sit on it backwards. "What are you drinking?" I look at the orange fruity drink he was taking slow sips from. "It looks like something from squeezed, remember that place?" Squeezed use to be our old 'lounge' type of area that was the building underneath the dance studio, back in the city. We used to go there all the time and just relax after a long evening of rehearsals. All of us together as a team, slurping up some weird juice contraption. Now we just have the lounge that doesn't ever have a name. "We should make a name for this place" I suggest looking around and still blabbing on, not letting Eldon say one thing. "James" I hear Eldon but i talk over him. "How about slurps or one can, one man" I say giggling a little at myself. "James" Eldon says again getting more frustrated but I still talk over him. "I know that last one was stupid, I'm just teasing. We can't name it culture shock because that's what it was called after squeezed got shut down. Remember? new owners for the building came in and turned that place into something totally different. I actually kind of liked the new look it was very fresh and hip"

"JAMES!" Eldon loudly speaks up as i actually shut my mouth to listen to what he has to say. "Yo man! What?" I smile but all I see is a really pissed Eldon sitting in front of me. "It's official Emily and I are no longer together" he explains. "For real?! Dude that's great! I can't believe you actually pulled it off. Not that I doubted you or anything" I say trying to stay calm but inside I'm freaking out. He actually broke up with Emily!
"James it was really hard for me, okay! She actually felt pain for once and cried! I felt awful afterwards. All these years I've fought to be with her, she was the girl of my dreams. Sure she's broken my heart before, Don't you remember the time I did that big gesture for her, in front of the whole A-Troupe? She was so mad and embarrassed. I didn't understand at the time why she was, I thought I was being romantic but I guess not. She just saw me as a big joke!
That didn't matter to me though because I still had feelings for her and I would do anything and everything to be her boyfriend. Long story short she gave me a change and we could finally tell everyone we were official. She was everything I thought I ever wanted in a girlfriend but now actually being with her for a while and getting to know what she's capable of, this relationship isn't at all what I expected it to be like. It's weird because I knew and still know the type of girl she is, she is bossy, over dramatic, independent, decisive but that didn't stop me from being with her. She has changed a lot since I first fell in love with her and even know we broke up there's still a part of me that thinks maybe I mad a mistake" Eldon confesses.

"Eldon don't second guess yourself! You did the right thing even if you don't feel like you did. Soon you'll realize, she wasn't the one. both of you need better. You were so love sick and blind that you couldn't see she was causing problems for you and the team that's why you needed to end it" I state trying to make him feel not so guilty. I get Eldon has a lot of mixed emotions right now. He feels bad for Emily because she's actually upset about this situation but at the same time he knows how she can react to things and blow it out of proportion. Emily could of done a lot of things to make this situation better but she insisted on putting up a fight and making things difficult. I give big props to my boy Eldon for dumbing her because now he doesn't have to deal with the negativity she was causing. "I guess you're right" he shrugs. No Eldon, I know I'm right.
"But James I could of broke up with her in a less Hurtful way. I didn't have to go make her feel like I was the best boyfriend in the word to her than drop the 'I'm breaking up with you' bomb right in front of her face. It was al little harsh" he continues.

Yes the break up was a little out of no where but it was the best way to do it.

"Plus there's more to it. I'm kind of falling for someone else" he admits.

Once Eldon told me there was someone else involved, I knew this situation wasn't going to go down well and I had a feeling on who she was. "What?!" I say in shock. "Yes. I like someone else and I can't even image how Emily will react about it!"

"Well who is she?" I lean in to get closer so he can tell me. "I can't say" he says a little bit nervous. "Why? We tell each other everything well mostly everything" I beg trying to get it out of him. "Because you know her pretty well and this is just going to get awkward so I'm going to stop talking now"

"Let me guess, Riley?" I smirk. "Yes..." He says slowly.

I knew it. Eldon likes Riley, it's a no brainier. the moment she walked up to those doors he Made Goggly eyes at her. "You know that Riley is Emily's sister right? And you know that if Emily finds out you dumbed her for Riley she'll be freaking out, right?" I ask trying to show him he should be scared now. "James your not helping! I honestly don't care at this point. I know I said five minutes ago I felt bad for Emily but now Emily means nothing to me. All I want to do right now is be with Riley" Eldon explains seeming pretty worked up. "Well than go for Riley. What's holding you back?"

"Um you. Riley and you have had a past and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable if we start to date. I want your approval" Eldon comments.

"Go ahead! Riley and me are just friends" I lie. I don't want Eldon and Riley to date! I have feeling for her and Eldon is my best friend but if I tell the truth it I'll crush Eldon and I want him to be happy. I don't want him to suffer, so if Riley is who he wants to be with than I'll let him have his change.

Maybe Riley's not even into him. "Really James!? Lying doesn't get you anywhere so tell the truth. If you don't want me to date her than I won't" he asks. Maybe I should just tell him.

"Eldon I like Riley as well, I always have. But your happiness is more important than mine" I confess. "Wow James that's really sweet of you. I've never seen your soft side before you're usually really selfish. I know you like Riley and maybe non of us should be with her. I'd rather us both be girlfriend-less than one of us feeling miserable and forced to be happy because the other one is with her. I don't want to fight over a girl" Eldon suggests. "No Eldon I can't let you do that! I've had my far share of Riley and I'm scared to be with her a second time because I don't want to mess up again. If someone's going to end up with her than its going to be you" I say trying to force a smile but deep down inside feeling broken. "You sure?" He reinsures. "110%" I say, smiling and patting his back before getting up off my chair and walking away.

My smile fades as my back is now faced to Eldon and I'm walking slowly to dance. I want the one to be happy.

with Riley.