Chapter 27- rival studio love

JAMES P.O.V

A couple mouths have gone by and me and Riley's relationship has been perfect. I remember telling everyone at school and my dance studio that I had a girlfriend. Emily, being Riley's sister was shocked that out of all the guys Riley could of chosen from she chose me. School is over now for the year and me and Riley are now on are summer break. "Ah, summer!" Riley sighs while we both suntan by the pool. "I feel like this is going to be a good summer don't you think James?" She adds on.

"Well of course Riley, with you everything is better" I say. "This is the perfect way to kick off the summer. sit back, relax and enjoy the sun by the pool with my girlfriend" I smile giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. Riley looked hot! just laying there on the chair in her blue bikini. She had some sunglasses on her Eyes to protect them from the sun and her hair was up in a bun.

She looked to innocent to be sitting there so I wanted to have a little bit of fun. "Hayley Riley?" I smirk sitting up from my chair. "Yes James" she says while still closing her eyes and facing up towards the sun. "I have surprise for you" I get up of my chair and start to tickle Riley while she laughs like crazy. "JAMES! Jam-James what are  you doing!? Stop!" she says between every breath she has while still giggling. "Come on, th-this isn't funny" she still giggles while trying to be serious. Riley's laughing so much that her sunglasses fall off and this is the perfect time to give her, her 'surprise'. "JAMES! ST-STOP! She screams as I pick her up bridal style and carry her close to the edge of the pool. She squirms around to try and get free but my grip is too Strong. She stops once we get to the pool "Don't you dare James" she sternly looks at me and I just giggle, throwing her into the pool. "Too late!" I yell after her laughing my head off. "JAMES! IM ALL WET!" She screeches coming up from the water and splashing around. "I hate you" she tries to say seriously but can't resist to give a smile. "Here let me help you" I contain my laughter for a bit and reach my hand out to help her but soon enough the cold water hits my body. "Ha! That's what you get" Riley pulls me in and now we're both in the water swimming around. The sun is shining down on us and we're both just having a great time. Nothing could ruin this Moment. "Btw your laugh is really cute" I say, smiling and leaning into kiss her.

----------------------------------------------------

"Okay class take a seat, welcome to grade 9. I'm going to be your home room teacher for this year, my name is Mrs.barker. A old lady says as I sit in my desk trying to fool off with my friends. "Hey you! I don't tolerate  goofiness in my class!" She shouts out to me. I was kind of scared of her. She remembered me of the slug from monsters inc. I sit in my desk quirky until someone pats me on the shoulder. I turn around to see Beth. "heyyyy James" she quietly says while batting her eyelashes at me. "Uh him Beth?" I question back trying to ignore the fact that Beth is flirting with me. "How was your summer?" I ask nicely. "Pretty good. I went camping with my family and we saw a bear, it was kind of scary but kind of cool at the same time. Then we had this picnic in the woods and there was a whole bunch of bee's just buzzing around. I tried to whack them away but one stun me! It hurt but I got over. Then me and my cousins went to this beautiful lake! It so nice to spend time with them" Beth talks and talk and talks on! Until I interrupt her.   "We also tried to go fishing but my cousin threw the line at me because he wasn't watching and the hook got caught in my hair so-" she rambles on quiet fast. "Beth?"

"Omg! And you won't believe what Else happened"

"Um Beth!?" I try to catch her attention but all she does it talk on about her summer vacation. "Then once I was up on the wake board in the water my uncle hit a bump of water and I fell off"

"BETH!" I shout, finally making her stop talking. "Yeah?" She replies "that's a great story but the teachers going to get mad at us for talking so can we chat later?" I make up an excuse to talk to Beth later (even know I probably won't) because I didn't want to hear her boring story that made no sense! "Yeah Jamie of course!" She says in excitement. I go back to facing the front and all I can think about is how Beth is crazy!

--------------------------------------------------

"She said something about a bear than how she was on a boat? I honestly wasn't paying attention to her story" I'm telling Riley about Beth and all she's doing is laughing.
She thinks Beth is an idiot and I agree. "So what did you say?" Riley asks. "Well I told her we could chat later but I'm not going too" I laugh knowing Beth is probably  waiting or searching for me somewhere in the school so she can tell me the rest of her story.

"Oh god that's hilarious" I was talking to Riley by her locker. This year is going to be hard for us because we're not in any class together. So the only time I'll see her is at lunch and after school. Maybe not even after school because we both have dance. "So how are my sisters doing at elite?" My sisters jasmine (who's the oldest out of my sisters) and Payton (who's the youngest) go to elite now. They signed up last year but didn't get in until this year because there was a waiting list. I only ask Riley how there doing because they all go to elite. "I think there doing fine? They've only been at the studio for a week now. To be honest I don't really know how they are doing because there in The lower group of dance, I've heard they like it a lot! Why didn't they go to the next step again?" Riley questions. "Well I asked if they wanted to go to the next step but they insisted they sign up for elite since they knew some friends who go there and heard it was a good studio. My mom wanted all of us to go to the same studio because one, she didn't want to drive around the city to pick us up at different studios and also so we weren't on two different teams that are always competitive towards each other but guess my sisters over powered her decision". I explain

"and piper? How is she doing? I thought she was going to go to elite as well?" Piper was the middle sister.

"Nah. She wants to come here but right now she's taking some art Classes at her school or something? I don't really know. She loves dance but she's waiting until she's old enough to go into A-troupe and when I'm off the team, which won't be for awhile. I told her she can come to the next step when I leave because I don't want her to be known as James baby sister. You feel?" I respond. "Totally Emily was that way as well. Hey, don't you think it's weird that I spend time with your sisters at elite and you spend time with Emily at the next step?"

"Yeah it's kind of weird"

"Yeah. Ugh elite. I wish we didn't have to be separate teams that are rival studios!" she closes her locker and grabs her books to get ready to go to her next class. "Same! It's no fun dating a girl from a team you compete against I want to be on the same team! And win competitions together Instead of feeling bad for my team if they lose but feeling good about elite if they win because your on it. Or if it's the other way around. I can't even tell the team I'm dating a girl from a elite or they'll flip!" I explain.

I've never dated a girl from a rival team before, I don't even think I've dated a girl on MY team before! Riley was kind of my first official girlfriend now that I think about it. "Don't worry James I feel the same way but that won't stop of from dating right? I love you even if are teams hate each other" she says all sweetly. I go in to give her a kiss but of course the bells rings to go to are next classes.

"Love you Riles" I kiss her nose instead of her lips "bye James, see you later" Riley clenches her books in her arms close to her body, before I know it she was out of my sight.