Chapter 24- Boys will be Boys

JAMES P.O.V

I can't wrap my head around the fact that Riley is talking to Alfie! Out of all the people him? And why all of a sudden!? It just doesn't make sense.

"Are you thinking about Riley with Alfie again?" Eldon approaches me as I'm trying to make some dinner in the kitchen of are dorm room. "No, why?" I lie than question why he asked me that. "Because you were getting frustrated when you saw her sitting with him earlier at lunch. Something is up"

"Nothing is up! OUCH! Mother fu-" I stop myself before swearing. Burning yourself on the stove isn't a very pleasant feeling. "Dude let me do that!" Hunter takes over the pot of soup that was on the stove and starts stirring it while adding in a couple of extra touches here and there. I wasn't the best cook in the building but I wasn't the worst. Hunter was actually probably the best chief in the the room maybe the entire campus. he actually made most of our meals. "How can you burn yourself on soup James? It's not even hot!" Hunter does a little taste test by slurping some off the spoon. "Ew, What is this!" He screeches obviously not long it very much. "This is the worst soup I've ever tasted! It's too bland"

"Hey! I made that soup thank you very much" I offensively respond kind of feeling disappointed. Was I really that bad of a cook? "Don't worry James with a little bit of my magic, this soup will taste good in no time" Hunter says proudly.

RILEY P.O.V

"Okay I'm done studying! It's hopeless, I won't remember anything for this stupid bio test!" Michelle whines. "Clam down Michelle. The test isn't until Friday we have like 4 days left. I don't get bio either, there's too much to remember but that's why we're studying together" Amanda pats Michelle on the back giving her some sympathy.

Bio is very challenging at times, you do have to remember a lot of stuff and actually study for it!

I don't really study for anything, once the teacher teaches me the topic I usually remember it right away and then when it do tests, it just come naturally to me and I can pick it up very quickly. "We get That miss goodie-two shoes over here, Riley can figure anything out no problem" Amanda glances over at me and give her a quick 'well this is awkward' type of smile.

I would say I'm the smartest out of us three but I don't like it when people call me out and say that I can do anything. "Guys I'm not that smart" I lie trying to not sound snobby or 'perfect' which I'm not! I know I'm smart but Michelle seems pretty upset about not understand science so I don't want to make here even more upset by saying I can get everything right of the bat.

"Are you kidding me, Riley you have 90's in all your classes!" Michelle sassily says. "I know I'm not smart but you don't need to brag or rub it in our faces" she adds in.

"I'm not bragging Michelle! I understand that this subject it hard for you. Not everyone can be good at every subject. "Yeah only the gifted like you can understand everything" she huffs and flops down onto her books that were sitting in her lap in front of her. "Guys I know I'm smart but please stop bring it up. I can't help that I get a subject and you guys don't! You might be good at social or English but maybe science isn't your strong suit". I explain.

I hate fighting with my friends. Michelle is smart she just needs to believe she is and not give up. "Michelle what can I do to help?"

"I don't know. I just don't get it, any of it!" She props her head up for a Moment then flops back down. Poor Michelle I feel bad. "We could make flash cards?" Amanda suggests "that might help us to remember things easier and study better together" Amanda idea of making flash cards wasn't half bad. "The only problem is when would we have time to make them? We're so busy with dance and are other classes. Plus the test is only 4 days away" I question.

"True" Amanda says. At this point Michelle is just going to have to study the old fashion way.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Who's that?" Michelle comments as she walks towards the door to open it. Once she opens it she is shocked to see who is standing there. "Oh it's you guys" Michelle sassily says. I peek over and see James, west, Eldon and Hunter. Standing in the doorway. "What do you guys want?" She puts both her hands on her hips asking them, in a rude manner why there were here. I over hear something about soup before I see James make direct eye contact with me. "Do you have any soup?" James asks while Turing towards Michelle again. "Uh no? Go buy some in the lounge/cafeteria area where they sell food. It's open 24/7 and that's were most people buy there stuff from..." She giggles a little while looking back at me and Amanda. All of us girls were super confused? "Why do you need soup?"

"Hunter couldn't work his magic" West seriously says. "Wh-what?" Michelle starts to laugh "never mind! We will just go get are soup now, chow" Eldon says while sprinting away with the rest of the boys. Michelle then closes the door and turns back to us "Okay, what was that about?" She questions, bursting into laughter as me and Amanda join in. "Boys will be boys" Amanda shrugs her shoulders trying to puzzle the pieces together on what just happened.