Chapter 25- this is only the begining

RILEY'S P.O.V

"Riley can I talk to you in my office please?" Ms.Kate calls me into her office and I'm little bit nervous. Did I do something wrong?

I just walked into dance class like 10 minutes ago so how could I be in trouble? All I was doing was stretching like I usually do before I dance. "Yes ms.Kate?" I walk into her office and sit down. "Don't worry Riley you're not in trouble. I wanted to talk to you about the team?"

"The team?"

"Yes the team. It's been a couple of weeks now and I've been trying to scope out who had been committing to this team. Everyone has and it's so hard to pick who the 12 final people are that are going to stay. The problem is, I'm running out of time and I don't want to lead people on anymore. I just want to focus on THE actual team going to international's". Ms.Kate explains

"Okay. Well what do you want to do about it?" I was kind of confused, did she want me to help? "Riley I want you to help me choose the 12 dancers that will be on are international's team. You're the dance captain and I think it's your responsibility to decide what is best and who is best for this team". Ms.Kate suggests " I guess I could help but your right, we have so many good dancers that's it's going to be hard to pick".

"Well I already, kind of have and idea on who I want to stay but there's a few that I'm still contemplating about. Everyone's such a good dancer!! You and Eldon are of course guaranteed a spot though because you guys are the dance captains". Ms.Kate was nice but a little too nice she needed to be hard at times like this and I really appreciate the fact that she wants my help. "Well we need to sit down and have a chat about this then. Go through the pro's and con's about each person. I Know it's hard but just remember, the hardest paths can be the right paths. Are all roads smooth? No. But then can lead to beautiful destinations. Are all decisions easy? You have to just go with your gut" I do think ms.Kate needs help in the situation so that's what I'm going to do. "How about, today I'll look for who's really putting effort into rehearsal and then by the end of class I'll let you know, sound good?" I suggest. "Wow Riley I didn't realize how you were so good at decision making. You're determined girl who knows what to do and how to do. I think one day you'll make a pretty good studio head". Ms.Kate stated.

"Thanks that means a lot" I smile back walking out of her office before I fully am out of he door I hear ms.Kate taking to herself. "Now that's what a good dance captain looks like" she whispers.

it make me realize that I am capable of a whole bunch of things, like being a leader. That's why ms.Kate choose me to be dance captain because I put other people's needs first. I'm not a naturally born leader, I have been shy and I was nervous walking into this situation. I never would of thought that a girl like me would be in this position especially the shy, lonely girl I use to be at elite.

Things have changed. I like it. I like the new. With this attitude are team and this studio will win international's

--------------------------------------------------

"Hey Riley" James approaches me, go figure and gives me a quick wink. "Hey loser" I wink back. "Listen I can't talk right now because I have a meeting with ms.Kate. It's about who's going to go to international's. By the way when are we going to work on our duet?" I'm trying to pack up my bag and rush the conversing i'm having with James because I have a pretty important meeting I have to attend. "Well that's what I came over to talk to you about. We need to practice, not because I want to spend more time with, even though I do but if we want to have a good duet for international's then our routine needs to be perfect. When will you have time? I'm free tonight, tomorrow and any other day possible" James expressed. "Don't you have homework to do?"

"Riley who does homework now and days!?" He laughs. "I do...! Anyways, Well we could practice it tomorrow if that works for you. Free period sound good?"

"I have band practice then so that won't work" James replies. "Okay well why don't we just plan it out later tomorrow. I really have to go but maybe after dance we can practice something"

"Okay babe see you then" James turns around to walk away. looking over his shoulder a little, he starts laughing at his comment. "Don't call me babe" I shake my head kind of smiling a little. When will that boy give it up!

"Riley ready?" Ms.Kate walks out of her office and gestures to to come in. "You can flirt with James later" she adds in.

"Wh-what?" I whisper to myself shaking my head in a confused motion. does everything think me and James have something going on because I don't see it. I could not be with someone that annoying and foolish, trust me I've tried. It didn't work the first time so it probably wouldn't work the second time.

Before I can say anything else Ms.Kate just jumps right into the conversation. "Okay Riley so here's the rough draft for the final cut of the team. Look it over and tell me what you think".