Chapter 13- getting down to business

JAMES P.O.V

A couple days ago I broke up with two amazing women. I couldn't decide which one I loved more so they both decided for me. Which ended up me being solo. It's not fun but what can I do, it's also the worst week for me to have no girlfriend because it's duets this week in rehearsals and now I have no one. Ms.Kate wanted us to do duets so we could, work Closer with the people on our team and get to know them better or some shit.

Michelle and Amanda both won't talk to me, or even look at me. Ever since the break up between the three of us the two have been all buddy, buddy and friendly towards each other while I'm here being lonely. I don't mind it though, soon enough I'll get a new girl, I'm James. If there's one thing you know about me it's that I'm good with the ladies. "James!" I hear my bros call me over, looking up I decide to ignore them. I'm clearly too upset to go and see them. "James! Come here!" West shouts again. I'm upset which doesn't Happen often, but than again, was I really upset or was I just pulling an act to get the ladies attention...? "Bro what's up with you? Your acting all-all sad and that's a rare occasion for you. The James I know moves on, doesn't give a hoot about breaking a girls heart or getting his heart broken, and finds someone knew" Eldon approaches me and I'm just laughing in my head. He actually thinks I care, that's cute. "Bro, chill I'm not actually sad. I'm just playing with ya'll, this right here is called acting. I'm acting sad for the girlies so I can grab their attention and make them feel bad for me" I explain.

"Why though?"

"Because I need a duet partner and I don't want to look like an idiot having no one as a partner. Most girls always ask to be with me but recently I haven't been getting that wanted attention" I smirk than go back to being 'sad'. 

"Why don't you just ask someone? I'm sure they would love to be partners with the one and only James" Eldon says waving in his hands in the air like I'm some sort of celebrity. "Easy for you to say! You already have a partner, and that's way to hard, this is the easy route. Plus James doesn't ask, he does" I say the last part in third person. "Oh really" all of a sudden I hear a girly voice behind me. I recognize it so when I turn around it was no surprise to me to see Riley there. Her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.

RILEY'S P.O.V

I'm talking to Chloe, this girl I just met a couple days ago (which by the way is super sweet and I think we could be good friends). I can't help myself over hear James and Eldon's conversation. He was right next to us so it wasn't hard to hear every single word that came out of that boys mouth. The things he says just makes him sound like a jerk, which he was. Typical James.

I shake my head at the next part he said "plus James doesn't ask, he does". That's it! I've had enough of him. I excuse myself from the conversation I was having with Chloe and engage my self with the boys. "Oh really?" I jump in. James turns around to see me and he gives me a big grin which I don't give back. I don't even smile. I stand there with my arms crossed and clearly appalled at what he said. "Riley, hey babe" he says in a cheeky tone and than comes over to wrap his one arm around me. " do not! Call me babe" for a quick second of his hands being around Me, probably giving him pleasure, I push them away immediately. "James. Why?" He moves back a little still smiling. "What babe?" I am about to call him out again when I just hold my breath and calmly continue what I was gonna say to him before. "James why do you go around, breaking girls hearts! And thinking you own the place? You have no feeling in you what so ever. Your heart is cold, along with your icy soul. Do you even bleed?" His smile fades and he looks frightened and defeated. "Riley, since when did you speak your mind?" He than grins again. I was just done with his attitude. "James I'm being serious" I open my eyes at him waiting for a proper answer. "Riley. I have no idea what your talking about? Do I bleed? Of course I do! I'm human" he's about to come closer to me when I stop him by pressing the palm of my hand up against his chest. "Bet you like touching me" he smirks and I pull my hand away as fast as I can, giving him a disgusted look. "This is for your own good! Do you even take in consideration of girls feelings? You wonder why the ones you date never last the long" I mumble the last part to my self but still seemed to get the message across to James. He heard the last part and I'm glad he did, until he spoke up. "Don't be jealous Riley. I know our relationship didn't work out but we can try again?"

"Hold up, you guys dated!?" I forgot Eldon was still here. Oh boy, could this conversation get any more awkward. "No!" I say "Yes!" James says at the same time. "Riles don't hide it anymore, anyone would die to be with me so why are you so stuck up and stubborn. Just admit you liked my lips on yours the first time we kissed, your first kiss" he whispers the last part in my ear and a shiver strikes my whole back, sending all my hairs to stand up. "Ew! No! Just-" I stop for a moment almost about to cry.

I can't do this, not here. I don't want to remember that time in my life because it was the worst time of my life!

I've tried to be confident and outgoing this year, speak my mind and make new friends but maybe I'm trying a little too hard. Every time I open my mouth I make a mistake and say something that could get me into trouble. "Riles?" James grabs me and starts to rub my arm but I push him off making a scene. "STOP! OKAY?! YOUR JUST A PLAYER AND YOU GO AROUND BREAKING EVERYONE'S HEART THAT YOU ENCOUNTER! YOU DON'T CARE AND IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WOULD JUST SETTLE DOWN FOR ONCE!" I scream as tears build up in my eyes.

Everyone was starring at us or shall I say me. "YES WE HAD A PAST BUT IT'S OVER NOW! I AM EMBARRASSED TO SAY WE WERE TOGETHER AND I JUST WANT TO FORGET, you should too" the last few words I say quietly. I just put my head down, out of breath, feeling so ashamed.

Soon enough I walk away before things could get worse. "Riley!" I hear James yell after me actually sounding concerned but I didn't hold back, it was probably just him being himself. Trying to pull the 'I'll comfort you' card than go back to his devilish ways of hurting me! Of hurting everyone! I bet he pulls that trick out of his back pocket a lot.

At this point I was done with him, maybe the next step isn't for me.

I thought it would be better than elite but it's just drama after drama! And it's only the seconded week of school.