Chapter 8- surprise!

RILEY'S P.O.V

"Amanda!?" I'm shocked. Out of all these people that could of came to our dorm she was the last person i thought would. "Riley!? Wha- what are you doing here!? I thought you were still at Elite!?" She throws down her bag and gives me a big hug. Me and Amanda weren't really close but she was nice to me at elite.

The only one that was.

I knew Lucian bossed her around and she had to do what he said so I understood why sometimes she acted the way she did. But deep down I knew she was so afraid of getting hurt and I could see the fear in her eyes. Poor Amanda, such a pretty and talented girl that got treated like crap! It's really not fair.

I know what's it's like to do such a good job and still feel underrated or like you didn't do your best. Lucian wasn't just mean to her he was a B with an itch to everyone! He wouldn't give people the proper recognition even if they did their best or tried their hardest.

"I'm not at elite anymore I got excepted into the next step. What are you doing here?!" I continue the sentence still in shock.
Amanda backs away and is about to speak when Michelle comes out of the washroom "Riley's who's at t-. Amanda!?"

"Now you two know each other?!" I look at both Amanda and Michelle and they both glare at one another. "Oh" I back away, sensing some tension in the air between the two. "Michelle, ah... Um... it's so nice to see you again" Amanda fakes a awkward smile. "Let's get this straight, I know Amanda and and Michelle, Michelle knows Amanda and just met so so now she knows me. Wait that sounded less confusing in my head" I think for a moment to take in the words I said and puzzle them together. "Riley it's complicated. Yes I know Michelle we use to be enemies back in the day but now we're past that. Right Michelle?" She pats her on the back and once again gives Michelle another fake smile. "Yeah totally" Michelle Rolls her eyes in my direction and mouths the words "no we're not" to me.

"Okay?" I say in a confused tone followed by a little giggle. "So you still didn't answer me about why you came here? I mean I know why but why the next step?"

"Well I tried to audition for numerous dance companies and studios but none of them were good enough for me"

"Yeah right, you probably weren't good enough for them" Michelle scoffs under her breath but just enough so we can both hear. "So the next step was like your last option than?" Michelle crosses her arms and stares down Amanda for answers. "Well no. But-"

"Listen Amanda I'm assuming we're gonna be roommates and I want to be your friend but you really hurt me and the team in the past. Can I even trust you?" Michelle states. "Michelle I promise you I've changed. Even ask Riley" Michelle looks over at me still with her arms crossed.

I didn't want to be in the middle of there problems!

"Yes Amanda has changed and what she did has a good reason and explanation behind all of it. I was on her team, we both danced at elite both of us we're treated like slaves"

"Yeah. It wasn't a good studio Michelle and I did some horrible things in the past and I regret it so much! but Riley's right, I have my reasons for all of it". Amanda backs me up on this one but Michelle still doesn't look convinced. "So what's the 'reason' than" she takes a moment to put air quotation around the word reason than goes back to being all sassy with her arms crossed and her eyes rolling from left to right. "Lucian". She states bluntly.

"That's not enough Amanda! You can't blame other people for your personal issues" Michelle gets Defensive, clearly upset. "Lucian was the only reason why I had issues! Michelle can we just start over. Please? I just think it would be far for all three of us. I'm here now, sharing a room with two people I know and believe that I can get along with so let's make this year the best with no drama or fighting" Amanda encouraging words helps put a slight smile on Michelle's face but she still seems a little angry.

"Amanda I don't like you! I won't ever like you so get that through that little mind of yours. I can't believe this, sharing a room with two people from Elite. At least I like one of them" Michelle scoffs the last sentence at Amanda as she walks to stand beside me.

Oh god with these two sharing a room there is defiantly going to be trouble.