Chapter 31- good team on the horizon

RILEY'S P.O.V

Today is the day that we finally get to see our official A-troupe team, that will be going to international's! Since me and ms.Kate decided on the team I already know who's on it. Some people ms.Kate wanted on the team and I wanted some other people so we came to a consensus and compromised on who should and shouldn't be on the team. I think some people will be disappointed but the team over all looks really good!

As soon as ms.Kate comes out of her office everyone already knows what's up. She doesn't even have to announce anything, I think the team has waited long enough and they are ready. She puts up two sheet on the wall, one with the names of the 12 dancers that will be going to international's, and another sheet for the other names of the 12 dancers that won't be attending international's.
I just hope everyone understands and is okay with our decisions.

"Dude I'm so nervous but pumped! I just want to see if I got on!" I over hear Hunter say to James. Everyone was so excited but James which wasn't like him at all. "Yeah me too, I guess" he sighs and walks slowly over to the sheet while the other boys race over there impatiently. "YES! BOYS WE GOT ON!" Eldon shouts and all of them chest bump each other.

I couldn't separate those four "Obviously I got on. Ms.Kate knows I'm still a strong dancer and leader. She wouldn't get rid of Someone this great". I see Emily walk away from the wall not even caring or being excited about the fact she got on the team. She just had that 'I told you so' attitude. She should be happy. It was a tough call and Honestly she wasn't even going to make the final cut but I insisted she did. Even though she's mad at me, I can't deny, she's a good dancer and we need a strong person like her on our team if we want to win. Plus she's my sister.

This years team is going to be really good, I can feel it! "Well everyone this is are official team for international's! I hope we can all agree on this because I'm not changing it. Sorry for all this commotion but it's done now and I hope we can focus on getting to international's with the best of the best and win!" Ms.Kate announces. I happy ms.Kate didn't call me out because I didn't want people to know I helped her with the team. They might of thought I was bias or unfair.

"Yeah I agree this team is pretty sweet!" Michelle states.

"Great! In so happy you guys think that! For all of you that didn't get in I want you too know that this doesn't mean you should give up. You're all so incredibly talented! There is always B-Troupe and other studios in the future to try out for. Every year we have auditions for new fresh faces and talent so come back! As for are new team, congratulations everyone!" Ms.Kate finishes her speech and  everyone in the official team goes in for a group hug.

So the people we have for this years international's team is:
Me (Riley)
Michelle
Amanda
Thalia
Giselle
Emily
James
Eldon
West
Hunter
Noah
And Alfie.

We had to get rid of some great talent but I know that we have a strong team that will take us all the way. Saying goodbye to Chloe will probably be the hardest but maybe A-troupe wasn't the place for her. She's a great performer and I wish her best of luck for what ever she does from here on.

"This is so unfair Emily! You got on the team and I didn't! I didn't make the final cut. I always get into A-troupe. Was I really that bad?" I over here Steph crying and talking with em. I feel bad for her as well, but at the same time I don't. Stephanie is good but she isn't A-Troupe material.
"Don't worry Steph you are an incredible dancer and my best friend. no matter what happens I'll always be here for you. Ms.Kate doesn't know what's she's doing" Emily replies whipping away a single tear that falls down Stephanie's cheek.

They are truly best friends and I know that this whole situation won't ruin that for them.
Steph can be in B-Troupe instead! I think that's a better place for her so that she can get some practice in and improve her skills. "You'll be okay. Shh" Emily rubs Stephanie's back trying to comfort her as Steph cries and hugs Emily. This was harder than I thought.

I look around at all the other sad faces of the people that didn't get into this years A-troupe. If it was me, I would be bailing my eyes out right now! Trust me, i know it's devastating. So many people wanted to go to international's, it was their dream and it's unfair that they don't get to live that moment but we had to make a choice and no one said it was going to be easy. "Okay everyone Listen up! I need everyone that's not going to be on the international's team to come see me. And everyone that is going to international's just wait for a moment because I have a form for you guys to fill out for international's. Once that is done we can all say our goodbyes and than that will be it for today!" Ms.Kate calls out.

It's a good thing we only have worked on a little bit of what we are going to be doing at international's. Like me and James duet, which we get to keep because we are both on the team! And we only did a little bit of choreography for our semi finals routine. Nothing is set in stone so anything could change in a matter of minutes.