Chapter 6- you know what's good for you

RILEY'S P.O.V

"Em I'm sorry just let me expl-"

"There is nothing to explain Riley! I can't believe you would go behind my back, sign up for this school and not tell me!" Emily was really pissed. "Why are you even here, you kept telling me numerous times that you didn't even find the studio that interesting. That Elite was way better than us, so why are you all of a sudden here now? What, are you trying to get in my way and ruin my reputation? Is that what it is"

"Emily! That's rude. You can't just someone!" Michelle cuts in and I feel bad it's not her position to be standing up for me. "How do you even know her?" She adds in and Emily rolls her eyes "she's my sister. Sadly" emily defensive states while scoffing the last part.

Maybe Emily was right, maybe I shouldn't of come here. I bite my lip trying not to show that I'm super stressed out right now. "Listen em I know I said Elite was better but i didn't mean that! It was just a cover up that's all" I look into her devilish eyes and I can tell that I pushed her over the edge. "So you've been lying to me all this time? Tell me Riley what else have you been lying about? Can I even trust you anymore? Can I even call you my sister!?"

I can't help but get sensitive and start to cry but I don't want to make more of a scene than I already was. "Riley please don't cry" Michelle comforts me and by now I know that I've already ruined everything and started drama. All for what? Because I wanted to go to the school of my dreams but my sister won't let me because she's jealous. "Emily is that how you see me?! Just another person following your shadow! It's not fair that you get to do what ever you want and boss me around! WHY CANT YOU JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME!" I scream and by this time I think everyone in the building can hear me. If I talk any louder I will attract everyone and I don't need that on my first day. "I don't want to be known as your sister! I don't even want to be related to you! Just get out" I point to the door and Emily grabs my wrist "stop being a baby Riley! Your being dramatic. Your too young to be here, go home" a Stern look grows upon her face and I pull my wrist away giving her the sassiest glare "get. Out. Now". I am holding in all my anger and I really want to shout but I know it won't solve anything. "Fine" she pushes my wrist away, glaring back at me while shaking her head. As she makes her way to the door she pauses for a moment and turns back "just watch your back Ri. This is MY school! I really hope you know that I will do anything to stay in my position of dance caption even if it means taking down my own sister. You don't belong here and soon you'll realize. Oh and one more thing, know that when something happens to you I won't be your little babysitter and you can't come running back to me when shit goes down" she gives me a fake smile and then storms away. As soon as she leaves I sink into my bed, feeling so heart broken and defended. Emily has never been so harsh to me before.

I know the type of person and sister she is but I did not see this coming. Everyone stares at me as James and Eldon slowly walk away in shock at what Emily had just said. Why did they care if I got hurt! One was a jerk, asshole player who played with your emotions and didn't give one hoot about you, and the other was yours  sister's boyfriend who would probably stand up for her even if she was wrong.

The only one stand by my side was Michelle. "Thanks for being the only one that cares" I wipe away a single tear that trickles down my cheek and I feel arms tightly rap around me. "Riley i had no idea you were related to that, that... well bitch! I'm sorry. She shouldn't have done that to you. I came to the studio 3 years ago and she bullied me like crazy. All because she was threatened by me. I soon realized it's just because she was jealous and scared at the fact that I might replace her as dance caption. I can't image living with her and to be honest were still not on good terms" Michelle rubs my back and I still can't put into words what just happened. "I don't know you Riley because we literally just met but I can tell your a different type of girl, a girl with passion, character, confidence. You fight for what you want and you don't give up. But that's deep, deep down inside of you. Right now all people can see is a shy and Lonely girl. I see more than that Riley and you need to look in the mirror and see that too!" Michelle was right. "Don't let Emily get you down" she adds on.

Michelle was spot on.

I don't know her well enough to say we're gonna be best friends but right now I just needed a shoulder to lean on and I'm glad it was hers. Starting tomorrow, first day of classes I'm gonna be brave, strong and not a coward! "Thanks Michelle wanna go grab something from the café and check out the studio?" She pulls me up and we link arms, skipping to the door to get our shoes on. I'm guessing that's a yes?