"You're right," Scott finally said, looking back at the sheriff.

I gripped Stiles' hand, and he looked at me, and I gave him a small smile.

"No, I'm not. I'm not right. I'll tell him," Stiles said, still not letting go of my hand.

"And we will help you," I added, squeezing his hand for reassurance.

When he walked out, we saw Ms. Morrell talking to the sheriff.

"Please, whatever you need, however you can help find my brother," she said, putting on an act.

"Will you excuse us for a moment?" Stiles' dad requested, then walked away. She smiled and nodded, turning to us.

"Okay, listen closely, both of you. No sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him," she whispered, though she seemed to be mostly addressing Scott.

"You don't have to ask us for help," Scott said.

"Actually, I'm trying to help you because, if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural," she hinted.

"Lydia," Stiles and I said in unison.

Stiles and I decided to look for Lydia at school.

"Where should we look?" Stiles asked, clearly unsure.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his cluelessness.

"Coach's office," I replied, starting to walk briskly.

Stiles hurried to catch up with me. "What? Why there?" he asked, sounding perplexed.

I stopped abruptly, my expression serious.

"Have you not noticed how Lydia's lipstick is always smudged and her clothes are messed up every time she goes to 'the bathroom'?" I air-quoted the last part.

Stiles initially looked hurt, but then his expression shifted to understanding.

"Oh," he muttered.

Suddenly, the fire alarm went off unexpectedly.

We rushed to the locker room and could hear Lydia's voice along with someone else's – not male, but female... Cora, Derek's sister.

I dashed to the door and saw Cora gripping Lydia's wrist.

"Let her go," I demanded sternly.

_________

We went to the biology lab to locate Deaton, and Stiles pulled out a surprising item from his bag.

"A Ouija board?" I remarked sarcastically.

"Also known as a spirit board, and it's worth a shot," Stiles replied, placing the board on the desk.

"A shot in the dark," Lydia muttered.

"Could you just try it, please, okay? Let's not forget who this is for... Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion," Stiles urged, taking out a triangular glass piece for everyone to place their hands on.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles asked the board.

We all waited in anticipation and then looked at Lydia.

"What?" she asked, appearing as if she had just returned from la la land.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" I asked her.

"Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit," she chuckled.

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora questioned.

"Is she for real?" Lydia pointed at me, and I just shrugged.

"Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry," Stiles explained while pulling out the keys.

"I'm not a psychic," Lydia responded simply.

"You're something!" Stiles exclaimed in frustration.

Lydia began fiddling with the keys, moving them around.

"What?" I asked.

"They're cold," she said.

"Lydia, concentrate, please? Trying to save lives here, for the love of God," Stiles muttered.

She started drawing.

"Yeah, what is it? What do you see?" Cora asked her.

"Nothing."

"Lydia, what are you doing? What... what the hell is that?" Stiles asked, growing increasingly frustrated.

"I think it's a tree," I offered to Stiles.

"Oh, really? Thanks for clearing that up, Captain Obvious," he replied sarcastically.

"Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" Cora chimed in with a snarky comment.

I rolled my eyes at her words. "Genius? Yes. Psychic? No. Honestly, I don't know why you're even bothering with me anyway, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny," Lydia said, still focused on her tree drawing.

"What? Why Danny?" I asked her.

Scott walked in.

"Because... Last night, he was a target. But it wasn't a sacrifice," he stated simply.