28 | Flamingeos

He'd only been gone for two months, but then again, your daughter was only four months old when he left.

He'd literally missed a third of her life.

"I can't wait to see you guys," Geo sighed down the phone, "I miss you like crazy."

"We miss you too, Geo, Riley needs her dad back." You replied, getting more comfortable on the bed as you held the phone up to your ear.

You heard him chuckle slightly, "How is my little angel?" He asked.

"She's gotten bigger since you left," You told him, "And I swear she looks more and more like you every day, it kills me every time I look at her."

Again you heard him chuckle, "At least you have something to remind you of me when I'm not there."

"True. Anyway, it's late and she'll probably have me up early tomorrow - as usual - so I should get to sleep." You said and after saying goodnight, you hung up.

The next day, you nervously waited for Geo to get home, you had both decided that it would be better for you not to go to the airport for your daughter's sake.

Around midday you heard the front door open and close. You ran into the living room to see Geo stood, dropping his bags to the floor as you ran over, your daughter held tightly to your hip.
You ran straight into his arms, your head burried in his chest and his in your neck, one of his hands on the back of your head, holding you closer to him, the other wrapped around both you and your daughter.

After about a minute or so, he pulled away, sniffling as he wiped at his watery eyes. You handed him your baby girl, and he happily took her from you.

"Hey baby girl, daddy missed you so much." He cooed, kissing her little hand as he brought it up to his face. The baby just stared up at him, a blank expression on her face before her bottom lip started to quiver and tears started to form in her eyes.

"Hey it's okay, it's me, it's daddy."
He tried to comfort, bouncing her slightly, but you could see the pain in his eyes. His baby girl didn't recognise him and it broke his heart.

She then began to pull away from him, quiet cries and whimpers coming from her mouth as she stretched her little arms back towards you.

You sent Geo an appologetic smile as you took her back off of him, your daughter's cries ceasing almost immediatey.

And as you looked back up at Geo running his fingers through his hair as he swallowed hard, on the verge of tears, you could see that this was tearing him apart.

"Um, I'm just gonna-" He choked out, a tear slipping from his eye as he turned and began to walk towards the kitchen.

"Geo..." You tried to stop him, but he just kept walking. You sighed, placing your daughter in her bouncer and going to join Geo in the kitchen.

"Hey, babe, it's okay." You said softly, walking over to where he was leant against the side.

"No its not," He replied, "My own daughter doesn't recognise me, Y/N, you saw the look on her face." Another tear rolled down his face.

"Geo she's still very young, her memory hasn't developed properly yet, don't take it personally okay, she just needs time." You told him, pulling him into you as he laid his head on your shoulder, his hands loosely clinging to the material of your baggy t-shirt.

L
"I knew I shoudn't have gone."