03 | Weston Koury

Spending the 4th of July in North Carolina with Weston and his family was a huge step for me.

Despite the fact that I already met his family this was a bit different.

He told me we were going to hang out with the rest of the guys who were here all day, I had only met Zach and Ariel. I knew who the others were but I was scared of what they would think of me.

"Don't stress about it, it's gonna be fine," Ariel smiled at me as we were sitting in the car.

She flew with me to North Carolina and Weston's mom sent a car for us. I was happy she was there too because she went through this situation earlier with Zach, and now it was my turn.

"What if I say something awkward?" I asked staring out of the window. I heard her nails clicking on her phone's screen as she typed a message.
"They are just boys, Y/N. They don't care about the details. You look good and you are funny. That's all that matters," she said grabbing my hand on the seat and giving it a squeeze. "Now turn here, let's take a picture to my Snapchat."
She held her phone up in front of us, we both smiled and she put the puppy filter on us, then wrote "4th of July w/ my sis 💓" as a caption.

The taxi dropped us off In front of the Koury's house. While Weston carried my stuff into his room I had a quick talk with his parents and leaving me no more time to get myself ready we left to the party at the lake.

"Hey, what's up? You look tensed," Weston said as we were walking to the lake that was nearby their house.

"I'm just a bit nervous to meet everyone at once," I admitted tugging my hair behind my ears.

"Don't be! It's going to be fun!" he smiled at me kissing the top of my head.

I was hoping Ariel and Zach would already be there, but they weren't so I had to deal with the new situation alone.

In the first round Weston introduced me to all of them at once and I tried my best to remember the names, but it was just simply too much. Hunter, Mario, Blake, Nick... I lost track of them faster than I would admit.

I flashed my nicest smile and made sure to be kind to everyone which wasn't that hard, because they were all friendly with me, telling us how cute we looked together.

"See? Everyone likes you," Weston smiled down at me.

"I know, I know. I just wanted to make sure your friends like me," I sighed putting my arms around his waist.

"You don't have to worry about these stuff. I think you are amazing and I'm sure everyone else thinks the same," he mumbled pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Weston! Come here!" someone shouted. He let his arms fall and looked at me.

"I'll check out what they want. Have drink, babe." He kissed my lips and then walked over to a group of boys.

I felt a bit awkward standing there alone, but a few moments later four of Westons friends came over to me and started talking to me. They were really nice, I knew they did it so I wouldn't be left alone.

They asked me a few personal questions, and then we talked about movies and stuff. Soon, we ended up jumping into the water and they liked throwing me off the pier.

At one point they did the same to Ariel and Zach and Weston watched us from the land as we laughed splashing water on each other.

"Who are these two beauties in the water?!" Zach shouted and we giggled walking out of the lake.

"I wish I could see this view when I was younger and we spent the 4th of July here," Weston grinned handing me my towel.

"Oh shut up," I laughed kissing his lips.

Later we watched the fireworks together sitting on the pier, Weston gave me his huge, blue jumper because I was cold and his friends teased him about it, but it was actually really cute.

I loved wearing his clothes, I could feel his scent and they were somehow more comfortable than anything.

We partied until about four in the morning and then walked home, took a shower and went to the bed.

"Thanks for today," he whispered in the dark with his arms around my body while I rested my head on his chest. I liked lying like that because this way I could hear his heart beating.

"I didn't do anything," I shrugged.
"You came here and you were amazing. All my friends loved you."

I couldn't help but smile. This made me so happy.

"I'm glad to hear that the squad likes me," I giggled kissing his bare chest.

"Happy 4th of July baby. I love you," he said pressing a kiss to the top of my head.
"I love you too. And I'm keeping that blue jumper," I mumbled and made him chuckle before both of us fell asleep.