Kataang (AU)

Katara walked around her home, cleaning something occasionally before her kids and husband came home. She walked into her daughter's room and she saw a mess of clothes on the floor. "Kya," she murmured, smiling despite the mess.

She moved the clothes into a basket and she moved on to her sons' room. The two beds on either side of the room were not made and she just shakes her head. She made their beds and walked back to the kitchen to check on the food.

Soon, her family gets back. "Mommy! Mommy! Look what Daddy got me!" Tenzin said. He hands her a stuffed lemur. "Isn't she pretty?"

"Yes," she said smiling, hugging her kids. "How was the carnival?"

"It was amazing," her husband, Aang said. "Now, it's time to eat and then you kiddos can go over to Uncle Sokka's house for the weekend."

"Yay!" Bumi shouted. The parents just smiled and they sat down at the table. Bumi ate as quickly as he could and ran to his room, packing for the weekend.
***
"Finally alone," Katara says, plopping down on the bed.

"Kids are hard work," Aang muttered. "Why'd we agree to have them?"

"Oh, I don't know," she said laughing. They lay there, staring at the ceiling until Aang sits up.

"Follow me," he says. He brings her outside to enjoy a night picnic while looking at the stars. They had fun and went inside to enjoy a couple movies before going to bed.
***

I'm so sorry I haven't updated this in like forever! I promise I'll update this today! And sorry for how short it is.

-Liz