EPILOGUE

Few years later

**Dez POV**

I hear the door open and close but don't bother getting up. I'm on my laptop right now, editing photos I took from a show the night before.

"Hey, darling." I hear as the footsteps approach me. "Still editing?"

"Yeah, almost done though. How was your day?" I look up at my boyfriend, Chris.

We've been together for a few years now. Actually we met not too long after I ran away from Vic and Kellin and well everyone. When I left I wanted nothing to do with anyone so I dumped my phone and hopped on a plane to Canada. I knew no one would look for me there. I met Chris at Hot Topic, where he was working at the time.

That was his day time job but his passion was his band, Chase Your Words. We got to talking and we became quick friends from the beginning. He found out, I loved music as much as he did and soon we became inseparable. I wasn't ready to date anyone but he stood by and helped me fight my demons like a knight in shining armor.

I was hesitate when he asked me out but I figured, I'd take a chance and here we are, 3 years later. I can't say that im in love, I don't think I have ever gave my heart to anyone after what happened but I care alot about Chris and know one day when I'm ready I can. He knows this and still loves me regardless.

"You got something in the mail."

"Oh?"

"From Jessa. Looks fancy." he said, placing the envelope on the table.

It was a cream color with gold edging. Jessa and I had gotten back in contact last year, thanks to Chris. He found her number and called her to meet me. I admit, I did miss my best friend.

"Wonder what that is?" I say examining the envelope with mine and Chris' name written in calligraphy like writing.

"Well, open it and you'll find out." He laughs. I placed my finger under the flap and ran it along to open up the envelope. I pull out a card that says;

Jack and Jessa Fowler
would love for you to join them
On their special day
The 16th day of May

*A picture of Jack and Jessa smiling in a beautiful pose below*

"Jessa's getting married!" I exclaim surprised at this announcement. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be. Jack and Jessa have been serious ever since they met that day at the concert.

"That's awesome! So we need to get fancy?" Chris asks posing silly, making me laugh.

"I don't know if I'm ready to go back. I haven't talked to anyone in years except Jessa."

"So it'll feel like old times you will see." I stare at the invitation.

"There's a note in here" Chris hands me a piece of folded paper.

Dez,
Hey hoe, you better come to my wedding. You are my maid of honor so you have no choice. I will kick your ass if you dont show up.
Love Jessa💕

"Guess, she knows you too well." Chris laughs as he reads the note over my shoulder.

Ugh, I didn't really want to go at all and it wasn't just because of the people it was because I know if Jack was the groom, there was a big chance Kellin will be there and I don't know if I could handle seeing him again.

I feel Chris wrap his arms around me,
"You worried about Kellin?" I had told him everything that happened in the past.

"No, not at all. I'm just nervous about being around everyone again."

I wasn't going to tell him, I was scared that I might see Kellin and can't control myself or if I see him with another girl then I don't know I would feel about that.

"It'll be fine. Come on, I'll be by your side the whole time."

I look at the invitation then up into Chris loving eyes. "Okay. I'll let Jessa know, not like she gave me a choice" I laugh.

I guess, sometimes you never know what could happen until you face it head on.

**A/N That's it guys! This is the end! Wow can't believe I finally finished this story.. Thinking of a sequel. What do you think? Also might write a Kellin or Vic fanfic or both. Idk yet. Not sure if anyone even wants me to write again lol Lmk if i suck or not

BTW that's Chris from Chase your words in the pic if you haven't heard them go check them out!! They are amazing!! XOXO love y'all MuAh **