13: The School Concert

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing," Ryohei responded sniffling.

"Ryohei, this isn't nothing. You're crying," Yu replied with a sigh, "Tell me what's wrong." Ryohei didn't respond. "Did something happen this morning?" Ryohei shook her head, but still avoided eye contact. "Did something happen yesterday?" Ryohei didn't do or say anything this time. Yu looked at her in concern before he thought back to this morning when he noticed that Akira had been quieter than usual today. "Ryohei, answer me truthfully. Did Akira do something to you yesterday in the auditorium?"

"... I... well... he...," Ryohei started, but then trailed off, "I can't." More tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Ryohei, tell me now. Did Akira do something to you?" Yu asked again curiously and worriedly.

"He... no... it's f-f-fine," Ryohei said stuttering and wiping her nose.

"Ryohei, I'm being serious. Did he do something to you?" Yu asked again in a serious tone.

"Yu, I can't tell you. I'm sorry," Ryohei apologized as she looked away. Yu sighed as he sat beside her on the swing.

"Why can't you tell me?" Yu asked curiously, "Look, if you're afraid to get Akira in trouble then-."

"It's not that," Ryohei responded with a sigh.

"Ok, then what is it?" Yu asked in confusion.

"I'm... afraid that he... will do to me what he did to me yesterday again," Ryohei answered. Yu furrowed his eyebrows in worry as he got off the swing and knelt in front of Ryohei.

"Ryohei, whatever he did, you can tell me and I promise that I won't let him do it to you again," Yu promised as he placed his hand on Ryohei's. Ryohei looked up at him and gave a small smile.

"You have to promise me that you won't freak out," Ryohei said. Yu looked at her with a weird expression.

"Well, that depends," Yu responded unsure.

"Yu, please, you have to promise me that you won't freak out," Ryohei remarked in worry. Yu sighed.

"Ok, I promise," Yu promised with a nod of uneasiness. Ryohei nodded as she took a deep breath.

"Yesterday, while we were in the auditorium, Akira... tried to... almost tried to... r-r-rape me...," Ryohei said nervously as she slowly looked up at Yu. Yu stared at her for a moment before his expression hardened.

"That son of a b****! I'm gonna kill him!" Yu exclaimed angrily as he stood up

"That son of a b****! I'm gonna kill him!" Yu exclaimed angrily as he stood up. Ryohei's eyes widened and she stood up too.

"No! Yu, don't!" Ryohei protested as she rushed after Yu, but Yu was too fast and was already inside the school. Yu stormed into the cafeteria. Everybody stared in surprise and confusion.

"Whoa, Yu, what's going on?" Keiichiro asked in confusion. The boys all stood up as Yu approached them. Yu glared at Akira with a deadly stare.

"You b*****d!!" Yu exclaimed in fury as he pushed Akira forcefully. Akira fell backwards into Ryoji.