10: The Motorcycle Ride

Keiichiro watched as Ryohei walked further and further away from the school towards the bus stop. He noticed that the bus was coming around the corner and Ryohei was still too far from the bus stop. He knew that she wasn't going to make it in time. He simply watched as Ryohei started to run to catch the bus, but she missed it and plopped herself down on the side walk. She sighed heavily. Keiichiro really just wanted to go home, but he realized that it would also be rude if he just went past her and didn't ask her if she wanted a ride. He groaned in annoyance as he got on his motorcycle and slowly approached Ryohei. Once he reached her he took his helmet off.

"Hey, you need a lift?" Keiichiro asked curiously

"Hey, you need a lift?" Keiichiro asked curiously. Ryohei turned around and seemed surprised to see Keiichiro there.

"Keiichiro?" Ryohei asked in surprise.

"No, it's the Hulk," Keiichiro responded sarcastically. Ryohei stifled a laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Haha, you kind of do resemble the Hulk because of how strong built you are," Ryohei explained giggling as she stood up. Keiichiro scowled at her. "Haha, why are you glaring at me? It was supposed to be a compliment."

"Don't resemble me to the Hulk," Keiichiro responded crossing his arms, "The Hulk is green. Do I look green to you?" Ryohei shook her head. "Well, then don't resemble me to something that I'm not." Ryohei nodded.

"Sorry. I know you were just being sarcastic," Ryohei answered with an apologetic expression. Keiichiro shrugged it off as he looked at her.

"So, it looks like you just missed your bus and I'm guessing since you don't have your skateboard that you have no way home," Keiichiro commented looking at Ryohei. Ryohei nodded.

"Yeah, unfortunately, one of the wheels on my skateboard is broken from going over a big curb and Rika never lets me go in her car," Ryohei responded with a sigh, "So, yeah, I'm kind of stranded."

"Why didn't you just stay and wait for Yu to finish his practice?" Keiichiro asked curiously. Ryohei paused before sighing.

"Because... I was trying to avoid one of them," Ryohei replied awkwardly as she looked down at the ground. Keiichiro raised his eyebrow in curiosity.

"And who is it that you're trying to avoid?" Keiichiro asked suspiciously.

"It's... Rei...," Ryohei answered nervously. Keiichiro furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Rei?" Keiichiro asked in confusion, "Why? What did he do? Does this have to with why Rei pulled you somewhere?"

"Kind of... I don't really want to talk about it though," Ryohei said as she bit her lip.

"Fine. Hop on," Keiichiro remarked as he reached in the back seat of his motorcycle and took out his extra helmet.

"Are you sure?" Ryohei asked in surprise, "Because you don't have to if you don't want to." Keiichiro sighed.