Epilogue: Akira Ending

~ Preview from last chapter ~

As Ryohei sat there, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She took it out to see who was trying to contact her. She wondered perhaps if it was her mother or perhaps Rika, but it would be weird for either either of them to be up at this hour. She shrugged as she opened up her phone to see that she got a message from................

~ End of Preview ~

Ryohei got a text from Akira. She furrowed her eyebrows in surprise. She wondered what Akira was doing up this late at night. Yet of course, what was she doing up this late at night? She glanced at Ryoji to see him staring up at the sky. She sighed as she glanced back at her phone and opened the message.

{Akira: Morning Ryohei~}

{Ryohei: Morning Akira. What are you doing up at this hour?}

{Akira: I could ask you the same thing Ryohei.}

{Ryohei: I had to go to the bathroom.}

{Akira: Oh. Ok then. I wanted to ask if you're going to the singing competition. It's tonight.}

{Ryohei: Oh. It is?}

{Akira: Yup!}

{Ryohei: Sure. I'll come. The others are coming too right?}

{Akira: I will assume so and great!}

{Ryohei: Ok. Night Akira.}

{Akira: Night Ryohei.}

With that Ryohei closed her phone and placed it into her pocket before glancing back at Ryoji. Ryoji glanced at Ryohei and smiled.

"We should probably head inside," Ryohei stated as she stood up. Ryoji nodded as he too stood up. Ryohei turned around and started opening the door, but Ryoji stopped her. "Ryoji?" Ryohei turned her head and looked at Ryoji in surprise.

"I love you and that's why I'm going to let you go," Ryoji said in a low whisper. Ryohei looked at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Ryohei asked in confusion and curiosity.

"I know that you had a crush on me in elementary school, but I know that crush hasn't lasted until now because you like somebody else," Ryoji explained with a sad smile. Ryohei stared wide eyed at Ryoji.

"Ryoji.... I.....," Ryohei started, but then trailed off. It was true. What she had felt for Ryoji in elementary school had gone to somebody else. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok, but if you ever change your mind you know where to find me," Ryoji responded with a sad smile as he went to open the door. Ryohei followed him inside and together they walked upstairs. Once upstairs they walked to their room and got back into their own sleeping bags before falling asleep. Ryohei woke up at an earlier time than most days. Ryohei found that when she wasn't sleeping in her own bed then she couldn't get a good night sleep and that she would wake up earlier. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep, she sighed and sat up. She yawned and stretched out her arms. She looked out the window to see that it was still dark outside. She looked around the room to see the boys were all still asleep. She rubbed her eyes as she stood up and quietly walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

She walked quietly down the stairs and into the kitchen. She sat herself down in a chair and stared into the darkness. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to wake the boys, but she also didn't want to have to sit there bored out of her mind until they wake up. She stood up and glanced around the kitchen. She opened the fridge and looked inside. She shrugged as she started taking out ingredients and cooking supplies. She hummed a little tune as she started making breakfast.