18: Back to Square One

It's been about a week since Ryohei's friendship with the boys had been wrecked by Rika. It's been a week since Ryoji and Rika became a couple. Rika hadn't been home very much since then. It had mostly just been Ryohei and her mother at home. All through the week Ryohei had tried to keep a smile both at school and at home, but she found it hard whenever she saw Rika and the boys together. She couldn't understand why the boys wanted to hang out with Rika. From what they said, they hated her. Yet there they were every day this week together. Ryohei couldn't help, but feel jealous.

Her wound had healed over a little bit better, but a new wound within her heart had opened. She had tried so many times to talk to the boys, but they ignored her or pushed her aside. She had tried asking Rika what was going on, but the boys always pulled Rika away before Ryohei could ask. She still had no clue what she had done to make them mad at her and she didn't seem to be finding out anytime soon.

Her eyes opened into little slits as she heard her alarm clock go off. She reached over and turned it off before getting up. She sat up in bed and stared at the wall. She checked her phone for messages, but there were none. She scrolled through her contacts and looked at every one of the boys' numbers. She looked through her gallery. Her eyes fell on a picture that had all of them in it. They were all smiling happily. She missed the day that they took the picture. Tears brimmed in her eyes when she remembered the look in the boys' eyes whenever they saw her. They truly hated her.

Sighing, she took deep breaths before wiping away her not fallen tears yet before getting and getting ready for another depressing day at school. Yu had stopped his tutoring sessions with her as well. She felt sad about this as she got ready. When she was ready she trudged her way down the stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she heard talking and giggling in the kitchen. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she peeked inside. Her eyes widened when she saw Rika in the kitchen with Ryoji. Her expression saddened when she saw Ryoji hugging Rika from behind.

"Ahaha, Ryoji, stop it," Rika protested laughing. Ryoji chuckled as he turned Rika around.

"Not gonna happen babe," Ryoji responded as he lifted Rika's chin and kissed her on the lips. They kissed for a moment. Ryohei watched with new tears in her eyes. Ryoji smirked as he lifted Rika and placed her on the counter top. Rika's legs wrapped around Ryoji's torso. They began to have a full on makeout session. Rika had been lucky that her mother had left early otherwise she would have never let her daughter do this. "I love you Rika." Ryohei's eyes went wide and her body trembled. She turned away, not being able to look anymore.

"Yeah. Anyways, I have to go wake Ryohei up," Rika answered as she pushed Ryoji away. Ryoji pouted. "Stop pouting already." Ryoji sighed as he went and sat on the couch. Ryohei quickly grabbed her skateboard and rushed upstairs as Rika walked out of the kitchen. Ryohei hurriedly got her stuff all ready before opening up her window. She could hear Rika's footsteps coming up the stairs. "Ryohei! Wake up!" Ryohei wiped away her remaining tears before jumping out the window with her bag slung over her shoulder and her skateboard under her arm. She landed on her two feet and looked around. "Ryohei! Wake up!" Ryohei looked up at her window and sighed as she walked a little ways to the window in the kitchen. She peeked in and saw Ryoji sitting on the couch. She stared at him in sadness before giving a long sigh. "Ryoji, did Ryohei come down here?" Ryoji got up at the sound of Rika's voice. Ryohei's eyes widened as she sprinted away and got on her skateboard before skateboarding to school. Rika entered the kitchen looking around.

"What's up?" Ryoji asked as he pulled Rika towards him, but Rika pushed him away.

"Did Ryohei come down while I went up?" Rika asked curiously.

"No, trust me I would have seen her if she did," Ryoji responded with a frown. Rika scowled.

"Call her," Rika instructed. Ryoji looked at in confusion.