Epilogue: Ryoji Ending

~ Preview from last chapter ~

As Ryohei sat there, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She took it out to see who was trying to contact her. She wondered perhaps if it was her mother or perhaps Rika, but it would be weird for either of them to be up at this hour. She shrugged as she opened up her phone to see that she got a message from................

~ End of Preview ~

Ryohei got a text from Ryoji. She raised her eyebrow in confusion as she glanced at Ryoji. Ryoji had his head down, looking at his phone in his hand. She glanced back at the message and read it quickly.

{Ryoji: Hey. Mind going on a date with me tonight?}

Ryohei stifled a laugh as she shook her head and glanced at Ryoji.

"Are you serious right now Ryoji?" Ryohei asked in annoyance. Ryoji looked up from his phone and looked at Ryohei with a questioning look.

"What?" Ryoji asked in confusion and curiosity.

"What do you mean what?" Ryohei asked in confusion, "You're sitting right next to me for goodness sakes and you couldn't even ask me on a date face to face? You had to ask me through text message?"

"Well, I didn't want the others to hear if they were listening," Ryoji explained with a shrug. Ryohei stared at him with blank expression.

"Ryoji, they're all asleep!" Ryohei exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air in frustration.

"You don't know that. They could have got up sometime while we were out here," Ryoji argued with a shrug. Ryohei sighed heavily.

"Ryoji, why does that even matter?" Ryohei asked in confusion, "You kissed me out in the open and that didn't seem to bother you about the others seeing. Why does asking me out on a date bother you about the others listening?"

"Because it just does ok," Ryoji responded with a sigh. Ryohei sighed.

"Alright, but still asking a girl out over text isn't cool Ryoji," Ryohei stated as she reached up and ruffled his hair.

"Hey!" Ryoji protested as he swatted Ryohei's hands away. Ryohei giggled in response as Ryoji fixed his hair. "Look, would it make you happier if I asked you face to face?"

"Surprisingly, yes, it would and it would for every girl too," Ryohei responded with a nod. Ryoji rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Fine," Ryoji replied as he took a deep breath and looked at Ryohei, "Ryohei, will you go on a date with me tonight?" Ryohei stared at him for a moment with a neutral expression. "What does it mean when you ask a girl out on a date and their response is silence?"

"It means that they're saying no," Ryohei explained with a serious expression. Ryoji stared at her in shock.

"Wait what?!" Ryoji asked in disbelief, "Are you telling me I went through all that trouble as to asking you in person only for you to reject me?!" Ryohei suddenly burst into a fit of laughter when she saw Ryoji's shocked expression. Ryoji stared at her in confusion. "What's so funny?"