12: Back Stage Action

Ryohei woke up the next morning feeling slightly flushed. She had constant dreams about both Yu and Keiichiro kissing her. Her cheeks were tinted a deep red. Her heart was beating a faster rate than usual. She bit her lip as she threw her covers off of her body. Just then her phone rang making her jump. She quickly answered it.

"Hello?" Ryohei asked into the phone.

"Good morning Ryohei~," Yu's voice sang over the other end of the line. Ryohei's eyes widened at the sound of his voice and the scene from yesterday afternoon popped into her head. She felt her face heat up. "Ryohei? Hello? Did you drop your phone again?"

"Oh, um, hi Yu," Ryohei greeted Yu back awkwardly.

"Are you ok? Your voice is a little shaky," Yu responded in concern.

"No, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just half awake and half asleep right now," Ryohei lied scratching the back of her head. Yu stifled a laugh.

"Haha, that's ok. I get it," Yu replied chuckling, "Anyways, I wanted to know if you need a ride to school or if you're skateboarding."

"Oh, yeah, sure. Thanks," Ryohei thanked Yu.

"No problem," Yu answered brightly. Just then a new call came in. "What's that sound?"

"Oh, wait, hold on. I got another call coming in," Ryohei explained, "Be back in a second."

"Ok," Yu responded. Ryohei answered the second call, putting Yu on hold.

"Hello?" Ryohei asked curiously into the phone.

"Hey, it's Keiichiro," Keiichiro's voice replied on the other end of the phone. Ryohei furrowed her eyebrows in surprise. Keiichiro never used to call her. In fact, out of all the boys, Yu was the only one who called her. However with what happened last night, Keiichiro may be wanting to talk about it. Ryohei didn't have an answer for him though. She had mixed feelings about all of this.

"Hey Keiichiro," Ryohei greeted Keiichiro back, "What's up?"

"You need a lift to school?" Keiichiro asked curiously.

"Uh, well, not rea-," Ryohei started, but got cut off by Keiichiro.

"Great. I'm heading over to your house now," Keiichiro remarked cutting Ryohei off.

"Uh... Keiichiro, I don'-," Ryohei began to say, but got cut off again.

"Ok, be there in 5," Keiichiro answered as he hung up the phone.

"Wait! Keiichiro!" Ryohei protested in panic, but she heard no sound coming from the other end, "Oh boy." Sighing, she went back to Yu's call. "I'm back."

"Yay!" Yu exclaimed happily. Ryohei giggled in response. "Ok, I'm going to leave now. Be there in 5." Just like that, without waiting for a response, Yu hung up.

"Whoa, wait, Yu!" Ryohei protested, but it was too late. Ryohei sighed heavily as she slowly got dressed and trudged her way down the stairs. Two guys were coming to pick her up and she was going to have to tell one to leave. She groaned in frustration about what to do as she slumped her way into the kitchen. Nobody was in the kitchen this morning. Rika had left a note saying that she had to go into school early and her mother left a note saying that she had to go into work early as well. Ryohei sighed as she made herself toast with Nutella and peanut butter before sitting down at the table. As she took her last bite of toast, she heard a honk from outside. Ryohei's eyes widened and she quickly stood up. She ran to the window and saw Yu's car parked in front of her house. Akira, Rei, and Ryoji were in the car with Yu. Ryohei's eyes widened even more when she saw Keiichiro pull up in front of her house on his motorcycle. "Oh fudge with a cherry on top." She sighed as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the house. She locked the door and approached them.