7: The Decision

Yu woke up the next morning feeling chirper. He was looking forward to seeing Ryohei today. He had decided that he was going to tell the others that he wasn't going to follow through with Ryoji's plan to break Ryohei's heart and that he actually wanted to be friends with her now. He was still mad and upset about the others not remembering or even saying Happy Birthday to him yesterday. He had been ignoring their calls and messages since last night. He still hasn't talked to them since. He was supposed to pick them, but he decided that they could just take the bus. Grabbing his phone, he saw that he had several new messages and many missed calls, but he ignored them as he called Ryohei's number. The phone rang a few times before Ryohei finally picked up.

"Good morning Yu," Ryohei greeted him over the other line. Yu smiled when he heard Ryohei's cheerful voice.

"Hey Ryohei," Yu greeted her back.

"What's up?" Ryohei asked curiously.

"Oh, I was going to let you know that I'm coming to pick you up," Yu explained.

"Really? Are you sure?" Ryohei asked uncertain.

"Yeah," Yu responded with a small nod.

"Sweet. Thanks so much Yu," Ryohei thanked him.

"No problem," Yu answer smiling, "I'll be over in about 5 minutes."

"Ok, sounds good," Ryohei replied, "Thanks again."

"Hey, Ryohei, who are you talking to?" Rika asked curiously. Yu frowned when he heard Rika's voice.

"I'm talking Yu," Ryohei responded cheerfully. Rika groaned.

"What does that little s*** want?" Rika asked in irritation.

"Shut the f*** up Rika!" Yu protested angrily.

"Yu, calm down," Ryohei insisted, "Rika, stop it." Rika scoffed.

"Fine, but I'm serious. What does he want?" Rika asked curiously.

"He's offering to drive me to school," Ryohei explained smiling.

"What was the point in buying you a new skateboard if you're just going to get a ride?" Rika asked in annoyance.

"Hey, if someone is offering me a free ride then I will take it," Ryohei responded, "Plus you broke my old skateboard and I needed a new one."

"Oh, come on Ryohei," Rika argued sighing, "It was just a skateboard."

"It wasn't just a skateboard Rika. Grandma gave me that skateboard," Ryohei answered in frustration.

"Oh my god, are you still going on about that?" Rika asked sighing heavily.

"Yes, I'm still going on about that because I'm still pissed about you breaking it," Ryohei remarked.

"Ugh, fine, whatever. See you at school," Rika replied. Ryohei sighed heavily.

"Hey, sorry about that Yu," Ryohei apologized sincerely.

"No worries," Yu answered, "I'll be there soon."

"Ok, see you soon," Ryohei responded as she hung up. Yu smiled as he quickly got ready. He grabbed his bag and rushed down the stairs.

"Morning Yu," his mother greeted him with a smile.

"Hi mom, bye mom," Yu greeted his mother with a wave before quickly grabbing a bagel and leaving the house. He threw his bag in the back of his car and got in. He adjusted his rear view mirror before starting the engine of his car and driving off to Ryohei's house. He got there within 5 minutes and pulled up beside the curb just in time to see Ryohei leaving her house. Ryohei approached him with a bright smile as always. She wore a dark blue tank top, black vest top, light blue washed jeans, and black and white converse.