9: Rooftop Love

Rei woke up bright and early. He was excited. He was going to see Ryohei today. Ever since he started these new found feelings towards Ryohei he hasn't been able to get her out of his mind. The way she smiled, the way she laughed, the way she would stare off. Everything about her just seemed to be so magical to Rei. He had never felt anything like this before, not even when he had feelings for Rika. With Rika he never felt this kind of pull towards her. He quickly popped out of bed, ready to start the day. Grabbing his phone, he called up Yu. Yu answered after 3 rings.

"Sup Rei?" Yu asked sleepily.

"Yu, hurry up and come pick me up," Rei ordered. Yu scoffed.

"Why? What's got you in such a hurry?" Yu asked curiously.

"I want to see Ryohei. Now get your lazy a** up and come pick me up," Rei responded impatiently.

"Well, then... good morning to you too Mr. Grumpy Pants," Yu replied scoffing, "Besides, why do I have to always be the one to drive everybody around."

"Because you're the only one with a car," Rei answered.

"Well, get a car then man," Yu remarked.

"I don't have the money to buy my own car, like you," Rei argued, "And besides I don't even have my driver's license yet."

"That's a key for you to get up off your lazy a** and get your f***ing driver's license Rei!" Yu exclaimed in irritation. Rei sighed.

"I don't have time," Rei explained, "Yu, come on, please." There was a long pause. "Yu?"

"Whoa, did I hear you right?" Yu asked teasingly, "Did I hear Rei Todo just say please?"

"Dude, shut up and get moving!" Rei exclaimed in embarrassment and annoyance. Yu chuckled over the other line.

"Alright, alright, cool your jets. I'll be there in 5," Yu responded laughing before hanging up. Rei sighed as he placed his phone in his pockets and quickly got dressed. Once dressed, he ran down the stairs at lightening speed and rushed out the door. His parents were never home anyways, so it's not like he was being rude as to not saying bye to them when they weren't even in the house to begin with. As promised, Yu pulled up in his car in front of Rei's house with Ryoji and Akira in the back as well. Rei rushed over and got in the back with Ryoji and Akira.

"We're picking up Ryohei right?" Rei asked curiously.

"Sure are," Yu responded with a smile. Rei nodded as he leaned back in the seat.

"You two seem to be quite fond of Ryohei," Akira commented eyeing them suspiciously. Both Rei and Yu glanced at each other before looking away.

"Well, I like her. She's really nice and sweet and cheerful," Yu replied as a smile creeped up to his lips as he talked about Ryohei.

"Yeah, she's really smart and pretty and-," Rei started, but got cut off by Ryoji.

"Pretty huh?" Ryoji asked cutting Rei off as he raised his eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, the way she smiles, the way she laughs, the way she looks when she's staring off," Rei continued with a nod. Yu scowled when he heard Rei talk so highly about Ryohei.

"Sounds like you got a thing for Ryohei, Rei," Akira remarked with a slight smirk. Rei's eyes widened and he looked down with red cheeks. This made Yu feel a tug in his chest. "What about you, Yu?" Yu looked at Akira for a moment before sighing.

"To be truthful, Ryohei... is... a... really... beautiful girl...," Yu answered looking away in embarrassment.

"You think Ryohei is beautiful?" Ryoji asked in shock. Yu nodded.