13: The School Concert

Ryohei woke up the next morning feeling less cheerful than usual. Thoughts kept going back to yesterday in auditorium. She couldn't shake the immense pleasure that she had felt when Akira touched her, but every time she felt that she automatically felt ashamed of herself for letting Akira do that to her. She sat in bed with the covers over her body and hugged her knees close to her. When she had got home last night she had immediately gone up to her room and didn't say a thing to Rika or her mother. Rika didn't seem to notice. She was too busy taking selfies to notice her sister's upset state. Her mother, however, did notice and went to check on her distressed daughter, but Ryohei wanted to be left alone. Just then Ryohei's phone rang, bringing her from her distraught thoughts. She looked at her phone to see that Yu was calling her. She didn't want to talk to anybody today after what happened yesterday. She felt it rude though if she didn't answer him. Sighing heavily, she answered her phone.

"Hello?" Ryohei asked in a weak and depressed voice.

"Ryohei, are you ok?" Yu's voice asked from the other line, "You don't sound like your usual self." That's because she wasn't her usual self. What Akira did to her yesterday really scared her and she just didn't know how she was going to face him today.

"I'm fine," Ryohei lied as she took deep breaths.

"Ok, if you say so," Yu responded in concern, "Anyways, do you need a ride?"

"No, that's alright Yu," Ryohei replied, "I'm going to skateboard to school today."

"Are you sure because I don't mind," Yu answered.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks though," Ryohei thanked him, "I'll see you at school."

"Ok, see you at school," Yu responded. With that Ryohei hung up and held her phone close to her chest. She felt like crying all over again. Yu seemed to know that something was up when he talked to her on the phone and that made her nervous. It took a lot out of her to just get herself dressed and down the stairs. She tried her best to sneak past her mother and Rika while grabbing an apple or the way out. She grabbed her skateboard and skateboarded to school. As the wind blew past her it made her think back to yesterday when she felt Akira's warm breath on her skin. It made her shiver in the gleaming light of the morning sunshine. She tool deep breaths as she tried to compose herself.

When she arrived at school, she noticed the boys getting out of Yu's car. Her eyes fell on Akira, who was busy texting on his phone. Her breathing hitched when she saw him and she bit her lip. She could still feel Akira's hands glide up and down her skin. She knew she shouldn't miss school, but she couldn't face Akira after what he did to her yesterday. Sighing, she skateboarded away from the school and sat on a swing in the park nearby. She swung herself back and forth as she stared at the ground. She remained there for the first period.

The boys had each tried to call her and text her, asking her where she was. She ignored all of them. By lunch time, the boys were worried and tried again to contact her. When she once again didn't answer them they knew something was up. As they stood in line at the cafeteria Yu noticed a figure out of the corner of his eye in the park. He squinted his eyes to see who it was and they widened when he saw that it was Ryohei. Forgetting that he hadn't eaten yet, Yu rushed out of the cafeteria and towards the park. He sighed in relief when he saw Ryohei swinging on a swing in the park. He approached her slowly.

"Ryohei," Yu said as he stood in front of Ryohei, "Where were you this morning?" Ryohei looked up in surprise. Her eyes widened when she saw Yu standing there. Yu's eyes widened when he saw tears in Ryohei's eyes.

"Yu?" Ryohei asked in surprise as she quickly wiped away her fallen tears. Yu knelt in front of her.

"Ryohei, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Yu asked in worry. Ryohei sniffled as she looked at her hands in her lap.