8: The Field Trip

It was the day of the field trip. Ryohei was excited for it. She had been looking forward to this field trip for the past week. She loved marine biology. In fact, she had been dreaming about becoming a marine biologist when she grows up. She knew that studying a lot and doing well in biology would give her a good chance to become one as well.

Popping out of bed, Ryohei quickly got dressed. She put on a black shirt with big white letters that read NOTORIOUS SWG, dark blue jeans, and white converse. She grabbed her bag and rushed down the stairs into the kitchen. Rika and her mother were already down there as usual making breakfast. Her mother made her eggs while Rika made herself some oatmeal.

"Morning~," Ryohei sang as she skipped into the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie," her mother greeted her back with a smile, "You seem happy today. Are you excited for your field trip today?" Ryohei nodded. Rika rolled her eyes as she sat down at the table and dug into her oatmeal. She took out her phone and starting taking many snap chat photos. She made the usual duck face that Ryohei rolled her eyes too. As their mother finished making the eggs she placed them on a dish and handed them to Ryohei. Ryoji smiled gratefully at her mother before sitting down at the table next to her sister and digging into her eggs.

"It's too bad you can't come to the field trip Rika," Ryohei commented sympathetically. Rika scoffed.

"Like I'd want to go on stupid field trip anyways," Rika responded rolling her eyes as she went back to taking selfies. Ryohei sighed. Rika was so into herself. Ryohei wished that she could talk to her sister about things and not have her scoff at them, but the sister that she was given was into her own things. Ryohei soon finished her breakfast and got up from the table. She placed her dish in the sink before going over to the door to grab her skateboard.

"Bye mom. See you at school Rika," Ryohei said as she waved to them before leaving the house. She slung her bag over her shoulders and skateboarded to school. As she skateboarded her phone buzzed. She took it out and looked to see who it was. It was Yu. "Hey Yu."

"Hey Ryohei," Yu greeted her over the phone, "You need a ride to school?"

"No, that's ok. I'm skateboarding there," Ryohei responded, "But thanks for the offer."

"Ok, well, see you there then," Yu replied.

"See you there," Ryohei answered as she hung up the phone and placed it back in her pocket. Her new found relationship with Yu had grown emensly over the past few days. Despite her knowing that the boys had been planning something she had noticed that Yu seemed to have stopped with whatever it was that they had been planning. Yu seemed like he wanted to be around her genuinely. It made her happy to know that she made at least one of them realize that she wasn't like Rika. She was looking forward to the day when all 5 of them would realize that she wasn't like Rika. She kept a huge smile on her face all the way to school. She arrived just as the others did. She entered the school and walked to her locker.

"Hi Ryohei," the boys greeted her as they walked into the locker bay. She smiled and waved at them in greeting.

"Excited for the field trip?" Yu asked curiously.

"Beyond excited," Ryohei responded with an excited nod. Yu chuckled.

"Akira~," the dark haired girl, who Ryohei caught doing it with Akira, sang as she leaned up against Akira. Akira rolled his eyes as he glanced at the others.

"Go ahead. We're not stopping you," Ryoji replied. Akira nodded. The dark haired girl eyed Ryohei.

"Hey, you can touch any of these other guys, but don't touch Akira," the dark haired girl warned.