22: The Apology

It's been a week since Ryohei's been in the hospital. She's had no improvement so far. The boys have tried all they can to help her with stories and encouraging sayings, but she hasn't seem to show any sign of waking up any time soon. Her bruises and wounds on her body, including her arms and her face were healing well. She didn't look as bad as she did the first time they came to see her.

Ryoji seemed to be distraught for most of the time. He just couldn't get the feeling of guilt out of his head. He felt that it was partly his fault that Ryohei was in the hospital right now. Every since the day he and the others found out that Ryohei was completely innocent and was in the hospital he hadn't gone to visit her since. He sat at home sulking around. He sighed heavily as he looked down at his phone. He stared at Ryohei's contact. He and the others had all unblocked Ryohei's contact and blocked Rika's instead.

"Ryoji, what's going on with you?" Ryoji's mother asked worriedly to her sulking son. Ryoji looked up at his mother before looking away.

"It's nothing," Ryoji responded with a sigh as he stood up and started walking upstairs, but the doorbell ringing stopped him," I got it!"

"Ok, thanks honey," his mother thanked him as he approached the front door. When he opened it he frowned to see the others at his door. He sighed heavily.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ryoji asked in annoyance.

"You need to go see her Ryoji," Rei responded crossing his arms. Ryoji scowled at him.

"She needs all of us right now," Keiichiro replied with a shrug.

"Now is not the time to be feeling guilty. She needs us by her side, supporting her, encouraging her," Akira added. The others nodded.

"I can't, not after everything I did, we did," Ryoji answered looking away. The others groaned in frustration.

"You can't or you won't Ryoji?" Yu asked crossing his arms. Ryoji looked up at him.

"I can't see her like that knowing that part of the reason she's in there right now is because of me," Ryoji explained with a sigh. The others sighed.

"I'm sure she doesn't blame you for it," Yu responded with a small smile. Ryoji didn't respond. "Just come see her. I know it will do both her and you some good." Ryoji stared at them for a moment before sighing.

"Alright, just give me 5 minutes," Ryoji replied, "You can come sit down." The others nodded as they came in.

"Hello Mrs. Ryukai," Yu greeted Ryoji's mother with a wave and a warm smile. Ryoji's mother looked up and smiled at them.

"Good morning to you Yu, boys," Ryoji's mother greeted them back, "You going somewhere?"

"Yeah, we're going to go see Ryohei," Keiichiro explained. Ryoji's mother nodded in understanding.

"Oh, alright, how is she doing by the way?" Ryoji's mother asked curiously, "Has she woken up yet?"

"Not yet unfortunately," Yu responded with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Ryoji's mother replied with an apologetic look. The others smiled back at her.

"Come on Ryoji, hurry up," Akira said hurrying Ryoji up the stairs.

"Alright alright, cool your jets," Ryoji answered with an annoyed sigh as he walked up the stairs to his room. He grabbed his bag before walking back down the stairs. Once he was down stairs he approached the others who sat in the kitchen. When they saw him they all stood up.

"You good?" Keiichiro asked curiously. Ryoji simply nodded.

"Ok, let's go," Yu said as he walked towards the front door, "Later Mrs. Ryukai."