3: Let's Get Physical

When Ryohei woke up the next morning she felt the pain from the bruise that she got from Keiichiro punching her in the stomach. She groaned in pain as she got up from bed and walked into the bathroom. She lifted her shirt slightly. She scrunched up her face when she saw a huge, dark purple and red bruise covering a huge area of her skin. She sighed heavily. It hurt like crazy, but she knew that she couldn't show or tell Rika about this because she knew what her sister would do to the boys. Sighing, she put some polysporin and a big bandage over top of her wound.

"Ryohei, hurry up or you're going to be late!" Rika called from downstairs. Ryohei rolled her eyes as she walked out into the hall of her house.

"If you're not going to drive me then why are you telling me this?" Ryohei asked in annoyance.

"Ok, next time I won't tell you," Rika responded as she scoffed and left the house. Ryohei sighed and shook her head disapprovingly. She walked back into her room and grabbed a dark blue and gray, plaid, button shirt. She quickly got dressed and rushed down the stairs. She rushed into the kitchen to see her mother putting peanut butter on one side of toast and jelly on another side of toast.

"Good morning honey," Ryohei's mother greeted her with a warm smile and handed her the two pieces of toast.

"Morning mom," Ryohei greeted her mother back before taking the two pieces of toast and placing them together. She then took out a knife and cut the two pieces of toast in half before wrapping one of the halves in tin foil. "Sorry mom. I'm going to be late."

"Alright honey. See you after school. Be careful out there," her mother replied with a wave.

"Ok, bye mom," Ryohei answered with a nod as she slung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed her peanut butter and jelly toast, and rushed out the door. She grabbed her skateboard that sat on the porch and skateboarded as fast as she could to school, hoping that she won't be late again. She got to school in about 20 minutes with just enough time to get her books from her locker and be on time to class. As she carried her skateboard under her arm she noticed the boys getting out of their car and Keiichiro getting off his motorcycle. Seeing them made her bruised stomach tingle. She tried to ignore it as she walked into the school and headed for her locker bay. Once at her locker, she grabbed her books, placed them into her bag, and rushed off to class. She made it to class on time and sighed in relief when she sat down in her spot. She glanced over at the boys' empty spots beside, in front, and behind her. She had seen them outside the school and yet they weren't here.

"Boys, can you please start coming to class on time for once?" The teacher asked with an exasperated sigh. Ryohei looked to see the boys standing in the doorway with scowls on their faces. The boys attention went from the teacher to Rika to Ryohei. They stared at Ryohei with smirks on their faces as they approached their desks. Ryohei simply smiled her usual cheery and bright smile making them frown and turn away from her. Her cheeriness bugged them and it was hard for them to concentrate.

"Why the f*** is she so cheerful?" Keiichiro asked in disbelief, "I punched her twice in the stomach yesterday and here she is looking perfectly fine as if I didn't lay a finger on her."

"Yeah, what's her deal?" Yu asked in confusion, "We've tried pretty much everything on her and yet she still hasn't shown any weakness. It's like she's immune to weakness."

"I'll give her about a week until she finally breaks," Akira responded.

"Yeah, let's wait until the end of the week and see how well she's holding up then," Ryoji replied. The others nodded.

"What if she still doesn't break by the end of the week?" Keiichiro asked curiously.

"Come up with a new plan. I don't f***ing know," Ryoji answered in annoyance.