23: A New Leaf

Ryohei woke up groggy headed, but she immediately sat up when she realized that today was the day that she could finally go home and go back to school. Her sleepy eyes were now wide open and happy. She had healed up quite quickly, but bruises and scares still remained on parts of her body. She was still sore, but she was in a lot better shape than she had been before.

She sighed in content as she looked around. Her mother was sleeping in the chair next to her bed. Rika wasn't there, but she had already gone to school. Their old school started 2 hours before their new school started. Ryohei was excited to get back home and to school again, but what she was most excited about was to see the boys again. They had been coming every single day, before and after school to check on her.

"Ah, I see you're awake," the nurse stated with a smile as she came in. Ryohei smiled back at her. "Are you ready to go home today?"

"Yup," Ryohei responded with a nod, "More than ever." The nurse smiled.

"That's good," the nurse replied with a nod as she approached Ryohei, "I'll just check your pulse and your temperature and then you are free to check out whenever you want. Sound good?" Ryohei nodded as the nurse checked her pulse and her temperature. "Alright, everything seems fine. You are free to go. Do come back if anything doesn't feel right."

"Thank you," Ryohei thanked the nurse with a smile.

"Of course," the nurse answered with a nod as she left the room. Ryohei sat patiently in her bed for her mother to wake up and for the boys to arrive. Within a few minutes her mother woke up.

"Morning mom," Ryohei greeted her mother with a smile. Her mother smiled back at her.

"Good morning sweetie," her mother greeted her back as she stood up and kissed the top of her daughter's head, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good," Ryohei responded with a shrug. Her mother nodded.

"You ready to come back home and head to school?" Her mother asked curiously.

"Definitely," Ryohei replied with an excited nod. Her mother smiled gently.

"Good," her mother answered as she looked around, "Where are the boys?"

"They're coming," Ryohei explained with a shrug. Her mother nodded as she sat back down in the chair. Patiently, they waited for the boys and within 5 minutes a group of boys come rushing into the room.

"Ryohei!" The boys exclaimed as they came dashing into the room. One by one they bumped into each other and they all went tumbling to the ground. Ryohei and her mother's eyes widened in alarm.

"Ow! That f***ing hurt!" Ryoji yelled in pain as he laid at the very bottom of the pile, "Watch where you guys are going!"

"Sorry Ryoji," the others apologized.

"Ugh, you guys are heavy. Get off me you fatties!" Ryoji responded pushing them off, "God, you guys really need to lay off the carbs."

"What are you talking about? I'm a vegetarian," Rei remarked as he fell.

"Dude, I only eat protein," Keiichiro responded.

"Yeah and I only eat....... ok, maybe it's me," Akira replied with a sigh. Ryoji rolled his eyes as he pushed them fully off of him.

"Ahhhh!!! Ryoji!!" They exclaimed as they fell off of Ryoji and landed onto Yu, who had started off at the very top of the pile, but was now at the very bottom.

"Ryoji, watch it!" Yu protested in annoyance as he pushed the others off of him. Ryoji moved out of the way, so that they wouldn't land on him again. The others landed on the ground and they all laid there on the ground groaning in pain. Ryohei and her mother were busy laughing their heads off. The boys looked over at Ryohei and her mother in confusion.