Chapter 3- An Unexpected Worrying Event

Disclaimer: SOME of the dialogue in this chapter, all characters (but Grace), the main story line and settings belong to Cassandra Clare. Everything else belongs to me. Cassandra Clare owns The Infernal Devices and not me sadly.
************************************************************************************************
'It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears upon the edge.'

- Sad Song, We The Kings
************************************************************************************************

"Run, Grace!" Will shouted. Grace whirled around, holding her witchlight up to illuminate the dark, damp corridor. She had told Will to wait so why was he yelling at her to run?

Peering into the darkness, she just made out the silhouettes of Will and Miss Gray. "What are you-" she started to say before Will grabbed her arm, spinning her around and yanked her after him. His grip was like iron and she didn't rip free of him until they reached the room at the end of the corridor.

Miss Gray and Will slammed the doors shut and that's when Grace heard the musically evil voice coming from the corridor:

"Miss Graaaaaay. Come out, come out where ever you are!"

"Now that is just simply patronising," Will said.

"I think it's slightly more than patronising," Grace said, realising that the Dark sisters were chasing Will and Miss Gray and deciding to forgive him about ruining her plan. She turned to face the room they were in. As soon as she did, she heard Miss Gray choke down a scream and Will take a sharp intake of breath. She herself had to bite her lip hard to prevent herself from cursing.

The room was littered with bodies, all stripped and mutilated. Skin was in the process of being peeled back carefully, like someone not wanting to tear the paper of a parcel. Disturbing as it was, Grace had seen a lot worse. "Well I guess we know where all the mundanes are going," Grace muttered. Will looked at her.

"No, we just stumbled upon a human factory," Will said, his voice literally dripping with  sarcasticasm. "Of course this is where they were all going, Grace!"

"How can you joke about this?" Miss Gray asked.

"No disrespect, Miss Gray," Grace said. "But we've been in this game a very long time so please don't tell us what we can and can't do."  Behind them, the doors were rattling and squealing like a cat.

"One can only assume that is the lovely Dark sisters," Will said.

"I think it may be time for some reinforcements," Grace said.

"You think correctly," Will agreed. He jumped on top of one of the tables. "Henry! Some assistance please! Gracey and I need a tiny bit of help!"

"Who is Henry?" Miss Gray cried.

"You'll see in a minute," Grace told her. "He does have a flare for dramatic entrances."

"As do I," Will said. "Though mine are so much better."

"How can you boast about that when we are locked in a room and about to be caught?" Miss Gray exclaimed. "You are mad! Both of you! You're absolutely insane!"

Grace slipped out a short sword from the sheath that was strapped across her back, choosing to ignore both Will and Miss Gray. She passed Will a seraph blade from her belt. Miss Gray stared at her and her sword. Grace realised she was one of those girls who thought women were to sit and look pretty. Jessamine, to put it bluntly.

"Miss Gray," Grace said as the doors cracked and groaned. "I would advise that you get behind us and find a weapon to protect yourself with." She listened, darting behind the table and selecting a hack saw. She obviously didn't have much experience with handling weapons as she looked extremely unsure of herself.