Chapter Fifty Six

Three weeks had passed since the night Kurt surprised me at our front door. I was now standing in front of a mirror in our bedroom, tears in my eyes as Shelli laced up the back of my wedding dress. Thoughts flooded my mind as I stared at my reflection. I had to force back the flood of tears even more as I remembered the day I thought I had lost Kurt, the same day I bought the dress that I thought I'd never get to wear. I smiled a little, remembering how far we've came since then. It took everything I had in me not to run downstairs to Kurt and jump in his arms while I became a sobbing mess. But, I fought back the tears, knowing Shelli would kill me if I ruined my makeup. "Jade, please don't cry yet, you look so beautiful. I know this is emotional. Just hold it back at least till after Kurt sees you?" Shelli said as she ran around me like a mad woman, trying to make sure everything was in place. My mess of tousled, wavy hair hung around my face as she stuck a white, stargazer lily in place behind my ear. They were Kurt's favorite. I could hear Frances laughing from downstairs, and the echo of Kurt's voice. I was beginning to feel a bit crazy, the urge to be in his arms only grew more and more. "Alright, I think you're pretty much ready. I'll go tell them to go on, and we'll follow behind." Shelli said before taking off down the stairs. I stared at the long, tight fitting laced dress in the mirror one last time as I waited for Shelli to come back upstairs. "Look out the window." She told me, smiling as she quickly grabbed the camera. I went over to the window, trying not to cry as I saw Kurt carrying Frances on his shoulders. Thankfully Shelli got a picture at the perfect moment. I smiled at them with tears in my eyes until they were out of sight. We decided to get married at a nearby lake, there was a meadow covered in flowers right across from it and it was the perfect spot. "You ready?" Shelli asked, grinning as she took my hand. "More than ready." I smiled, sighing nervously. She helped me with the dress as we made our way down the stairs. I was thankfully barefoot and didn't have to worry about  trying to walk in uncomfortable shoes. The weather was perfect, the air a perfect temperature, and the grass had never felt so good on my feet. "We're almost there, I'll linger behind a little, you'll look more angelic when he sees you by yourself." She chuckled. "Kay." I told her, nervously making sure I didn't trip every time I took a step. I was nearly there, all I had to do was turn a corner around some trees. I could hear Kurt, Krist and Dave chatting amongst themselves, and little jabbers coming from Frances. I smiled, thoughts flooding my head as I took one last deep breath and turned the corner. I was in plain sight now, and everyone went silent, even little Frances. Kurt's face dropped into an expression I had never seen before. His blue eyes looked like oceans as they filled with water. He stared at me as if he had just came across an angel, or as if he had just gotten the breath knocked out of him. Little did he know, he looked like an angel himself. The sunlight hit his blonde hair, making it almost look luminous. He was wearing white pajama bottoms with some sort of odd looking silk, long sleeved shirt. A beaded necklace hung around his neck as he stood there, barefoot and awe struck. A glow of light hung all around him, and I had never wanted anyone more in my life. He smirked at me as I arrived in front of him, tears falling down his face as he took my hands. It wasn't until he reached out and wiped a tear away on my face that I realized I was crying too. No one was there but our little group. We didn't want any more than that, the less people there, the more special. I repeated the words I was told to say, he did the same. It all went by in almost a daze. All I could see was Kurt, his blue eyes piercing through me like cupid's arrows. The next thing I knew, we both had rings on our fingers, and he had his hand on the back of my neck, gently pulling me in for a kiss. The kiss was like an electric shock, magnetic and full of so much passion that I thought it'd be impossible to pull away. "You look so fucking beautiful." He whispered into my ear, only loud enough for us to hear. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him again, trying to pretend like he hadn't just majorly turned me on the best way I could. I heard the clicking of a camera and was blasted back into reality as I noticed Shelli was snapping pictures. We took a few with Frances before everyone pulled us into hugs. It was all so nice, but all I could think about was spending some time with Kurt. "Frances is still staying with me for the night, right? Her bag is already in the car, so when your ready for all of us to leave you alone, just say the words." Shelli must have read my mind or something. "Thanks Shell. Call if you need anything or if you need to bring her back." I told her before kissing Frances goodbye and handing her over. Soon enough, everyone was pulling out of the driveway, leaving me and Kurt standing outside. The sky was a breath taking shade of orange as the sun set beneath the trees. "Hi, wife." He smirked, taking my hands. "Hi, husband." I chuckled, admiring his beauty that was still taking my breath away. Our lips crashed together suddenly as he pulled me into an embrace. My entire body was in flames for him as he caressed my back, pulling me even closer. "Let's go inside." He smiled, taking the flower from behind my ear and placing it in his own. "You're beautiful, Kurt." I chuckled, running my fingers through his messy hair. He smirked shyly, kissing my hand as we made our way inside our home for the first time as husband and wife.