Chapter Fifty Three

I awoke to the feeling of Kurt's sweaty hair tangled in my hands, his head buried against my chest, and the sound of Frances crying. I yawned and slowly got up, trying not to wake Kurt and made my way to her room. I lifted her up and felt her forehead. Thankfully her fever was coming down and she seemed to be doing a little better. I made my way downstairs with Frances in my arms, sighing as I sat down on the couch. She looked around the room before laying her head down on my shoulder, and I knew exactly what she was searching the room for. "Daddy's sick, Frances. But he'll be okay. We hope." I sighed, leaning my head back against the couch and closing my eyes. "Daddy's right here." Kurt's sleepy voice suddenly said, startling me. "Shit, Kurt you scared me." I mumbled, handing Frances over to him as she reached for him. He smiled slightly and sat down next to me. Frances suddenly had a real liking for Kurt's hair lately, and constantly wanted to tug on it. It was either that, or the stubble on his chin. I laughed at the mess of hair hanging in front of his face as she grabbed handfuls of it. "I'm gonna be bald if you and mommy don't stop obsessing over my hair little lady!" He said, grinning as he carefully pulled her fingers loose from his hair, pushing it away from his face. "Kurt, you have better hair than I do. Can you blame me for wanting to run my fingers through it all the time?" I smiled, kissing his cheek. He sighed, and it was obvious that something was bothering him. "I gotta leave tomorrow." He mumbled, staring at Frances with so much emotion that you'd think it'd spill out onto the floor. "What?" I whispered, clutching the couch nervously. "I've gotta go back to rehab. For obvious reasons. You know that. And when I get out I'm fucking marrying you. I swear." He said, putting his hand on my face as his pained blue eyes pierced straight through me. I could feel the hot tears filling up my eyes and spilling out on to my face as I struggled to find the right words to say. Kurt wiped away the tears with his thumb, gently caressing my face. I was crying tears of sadness and joy all at once. Kurt was never home, and I desperately wanted him to be. But the thought of me finally marrying my best friend and the love of my life was more than enough to keep me going. "Focus on the good. Can you do that for me?" He whispered, tears filling his own eyes. I nodded my head yes, still searching for the right words. "You don't have to marry me, Jade." He said, seriously, almost as if he wouldn't be the least bit shocked if I didn't want to. "Kurt, what?! Of course I wanna marry you! Do you know how much I love you Kurt Cobain?! You are my absolute best friend. My soulmate. I couldn't love you more. Marrying you is an honor and I cannot fucking wait. I love you so much, Kurt." I kissed him assuringly on the forehead as he smiled slightly. "Why do you smell so good? Do you WANT me to attack you or something?" I smiled as I sniffed his neck, his scent sending shivers down my spine. He didn't say a word, just kissed me so intensely that it was almost a shock. He slowly pulled away, my lower lip lingering between his teeth as he bit my lip. Somehow, as if right on cue, Frances was fast asleep on the other side of his shoulder. I smiled at her little angelic face. "I think the medicine is making her sleepy. But that's good, she needs rest." I whispered, trying not to wake her. Kurt smiled and carefully stood up, making his way up the stairs to lay her down. I followed him into her room, kissing her little forehead before walking towards our room. Just before I entered the doorway, Kurt placed his hands on my hips and pulled me back so that I fell against him. I reached back and wrapped my arms around his neck, looking up at him as he smiled down at me. "C'mere." He mumbled, tracing his fingers down my jawline. "I am here." I smiled, my heart pounding out of my chest from the fiery passion inside me. "Come closer." He smiled, his hands tracing down my back. I turned around to face him, kissing him all over his neck. I unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it on the floor, tugging at his pants before he lifted me up and tossed me gently onto the bed. I wrapped my legs around him, tangling my fingers in his hair as I kissed him deeply. "This close enough?" I smirked, sliding off my oversized t shirt, which was the only article of clothing that I was wearing. "Not yet." He smiled, slowly running his hands down my body and gripping my hips, becoming more eager by the second. I rolled us over so that I was hovering over top of him. He grinned at me wildly as I took what was mine, gasping in between kisses as we raged with passion. We didn't stop until we grew so tired that we collapsed into eachothers arms, sweating and satisfied. "Don't leave." I sighed, out of breath. "Shhh." He whispered, stroking my hair as I layed on his chest. He lifed my hand up from his face and kissed it, playing with the ring on my finger. I was suddenly overwhelmed with thoughts of getting married, and even though Kurt would be gone again for a few weeks, I couldn't have been any happier knowing he would soon be my husband.