Chapter Twenty-Two

A few months passed, I was eight months pregnant and you could definitely tell. I still hadn't spoken to my mom since the incident and I wasn't planning on it for awhile. The band was about to leave for a huge, two month tour and of course, I would be coming with them.
Kurt and I were sitting in our hotel room, waiting to leave for their first show of the tour. "Holy shit, Frances is kicking so much. She must be excited for her daddy." I said as Kurt grinned. He walked over to me and put his hands on my stomach, feeling his daughter kick. He had a look in his eyes that I had never seen before when we talked about our daughter, and even when he simply looked at or touched my belly. Frances wasn't even born yet, and Kurt already loved her more than anything. I had no doubt he'd be an amazing father.
I picked out a flannel dress and slipped on my boots. Kurt was wearing pajamas and obviously gave no fucks. We went out to the limo that was waiting for us and the guys were already drinking. "Damn, hot mama!" Shelli laughed and nudged me in the arm. "You're moshing with me backstage, bitch!" Shelli said, grinning. "Shelli, I'm eight months pregnant. " I laughed. Kurt pulled me close to him and started cracking funny jokes about how Frances has ordered "womb service" from my belly because of all my random cravings. Before I knew it, we arrived at the venue. Shelli and I wished the boys good luck and took our places backstage. There was a huge table of food and drinks and a tv was set up for us that would be airing the concert so that we could watch. It was about five songs in and the boys began to play "Negative Creep". "Jade, c'mon you gotta go nuts with me." Shelli said, pulling me up from the couch. "Do you want me to give birth to this baby right now, Shelli?" I asked her as she jumped around the room, slinging her hair everywhere. "Okay, fine. " I sighed and went crazy the best way I could. "Yeah, this isn't working. I'm way too fucking pregnant for this shit." I sat back down, extremely wore out. I walked over to the food table and grabbed a drink. "Uh oh, there's no kiwis here. Dave is gonna flip shit." I laughed and Shelli fell straight to the floor, tripping over her on feet. We were both laughing far too much when all of a sudden I heard "I wanna bring my incredible girlfriend out here on stage now. Jade, could you come here honey?" Kurt said, smiling into the microphone. I froze. "Shit, Shelli. I can't go out there i'm too scared." I stuttered. "Jade, you're going out there even if I have to drag you." Shelli said as she grabbed my arm and drug me through the doors, to the side stage. Its strange, as soon as I saw Kurt smiling at me and holding out his hand, my fears went away. I walked towards him and nervously waved at the huge crowd. "This is Jade you guys. And this is our little girl." He said, putting his hand on my stomach. The crowd cheered. I looked behind me and Krist sat a stool and a guitar down. "Um, Kurt. What's going on?" I asked him nervously, away from the microphone. He just smiled at me. "Jade is gonna play a song with me. I hope you guys like it." Kurt said, grinning. "Kurt. No. I can't. " I whispered to him. "Yes you can. Forget the crowd. Its just me and you, alright? " He kissed me on the cheek and I nodded and sat down, grabbing the guitar. I took a deep breath and began playing the song Kurt and I had played in our bedroom a million times. Once I started, it was incredibly easy. But, I wasn't surprised. Everything was easy with Kurt. Even performing on stage in front of thousands of people when I had stage fright. The song ended and the crowd roared. I was grinning from ear to ear and so was Kurt. I stood up and said "alright guys, I'll give you the band back now." into the microphone before hugging Kurt and walking offstage. "Oh my god!!" Shelli squealed as I walked backstage. "You two are so perfect. " She said, hugging me. I couldn't stop smiling and I took a seat on the couch and enjoyed the rest of the show, feeling on top of the world.