Chapter Thirty Eight

The sound of a guitar and Kurt's singing filled my ears as I woke up. I smiled. It was amazing having him back. I missed waking up to him playing. Frances was jabbering at him and grinning from ear to ear as I sat up in bed. "Say good morning mommy, your snoring woke me up!" Kurt smiled, picking up Frances. I laughed. "I did not snore!" I replied, throwing a pillow at him, careful not to hit Frances. "Oh, but you did." He winked and tossed the pillow back. "Well, if you're telling the truth, its only because I was sleeping so good with you back home next to me." I said, smiling. "Which is why I need to stay here." Kurt said, completely killing the mood. "Babe." I sighed and walked over to him. "Just give me a week or two back home. Please? I need it. You need it. Fuck, even Frances needs it. She won't know who I am with me gone from home all the time. She needs some stablization. No more than two weeks i promise. Please?" He said, seriously, his breaktaking blue eyes staring dead into mine. "Okay. I agree. But no more scares? Please?" I asked him, trying not to cry. He nodded and put his hand on my face, gently rubbing it with his thumb. I placed my hand on his and closed my eyes, fighting back the tears. I was still mentally recovering from thinking he was gone for good. I carefully sat down on his lap and buried my face in his neck. "Kurt, I love you so fucking much." I whispered, kissing his neck in between words. Frances rubbed her eyes and was getting fussy. She normally took a nap a couple of hours after she got up, so I figured it was time and went to put her in her crib. It didn't take her very long to shut her eyes. I smiled and was about to turn around to walk out the door when a pair of long, lanky arms wrapped around my waist. "What're you doing, Mr. Cobain?" I whispered as I turned around to face him. "What do you want me to do?" He smirked and pulled me close to him. I grabbed his face and kissed him deeply as he carried me out of the room with my legs around his waist. My breathing increased as he kissed my neck. He gently slung me down on the bed and we franticly got undressed. I tangled my fingers in his shaggy blonde hair and gasped in ecstacy as we became one. He moaned into my ear and it sent shivers down my spine. "I fucking love you." I whispered as I inhaled his musky scent. I clawed his back as our bodies moved faster in unison before collapsing in each others arms. "You're so perfect, Jade. So perfect." He whispered as he rubbed my back. "No Kurt, that's you." I said before kissing his forehead. He sighed and layed his head on my chest. "So when can I call you Mrs. Cobain?" He whispered, a tiny smirk appearing on his face. "I guess we should start planning a wedding?" I replied, feeling a little bit of excitement. "I guess we should." He whispered, sliding his arms underneath my back and hugging me tightly as I stroked his blonde head of hair. I looked at the ring on my finger and smiled. 'Jade Cobain. It sounds nice.' I thought to myself in my head. Kurt looked up at me with a smile on his face. "What're you thinking about?" He asked, curiously. "Just how nice my new name will sound." I replied, smiling. He leaned up and kissed my forehead. "Kurt, you're really beautiful." I whispered, looking into his little blue oceans. "What?" He said with confusion in his voice. "You're beautiful. More beautiful than most girls. Don't get embarresed either Kurt, I know you. I know you hate other people swooning over you but i'm your soon to be wife, so I think I should be allowed to give you compliments." I smiled, kissing his cheek. He blushed and I laughed. "Stop being so cute, Kurt. Its not fair." I said as he pulled me into his arms. "Jade, I'm so sorry. For what happened. I don't deserve you at all at this point. Or Frances. I almost left you both and I'm so fucking sorry." He whispered, his voice cracking. "Kurt, shhh." I hugged him tight, trying not to cry again. "I'm gonna miss you both so much when I have to go to rehab. So fucking much." He said, burying his face into my neck. "We'll visit you every chance we have, I promise. Lets just enjoy these two weeks." I replied. "Lets do something." He said, sitting up to face me. "Like what?" I replied, curiously. "Lets take Frances to the zoo or something." He said, slightly smiling. I grinned. "What brought that on?" I asked as he stood up. "We've just never done anything with her like that. I think she'd like it." He smiled. I stood up and kissed him. "I need to take a shower. But I don't wanna get lonely in there all alone." I smiled, making my way to the bathroom. "Is that an invite?" His eyebrows furrowed as he smiled. "Maybe." I said, winking. He laughed and followed behind me. I was beyond glad to have my Kurt back. To have Frances's daddy back. My heart felt whole again. I felt alive again.