Chapter Fifty Five

Kurt's Point of View
The place wasn't built like, or secured like a jail, so escaping for the night would be rather easy. Besides, getting caught didn't seem like a big deal to me anyway. I slid open the window in my room, sure enough, they weren't locked. The nurses had made their nightly runs to check in on me, and wouldn't be back until around eight that morning. I left the window barely cracked enough for me to open it when I returned. I put the hood of my jacket over my head and snuck around the large, brick building beginning the long walk home. I walked as fast as my legs could go, stopping to get cigarettes with what change I had stuffed down in my pockets. The air was chilly, and I inhaled smoke as the anxiousness set in. I hoped she wouldn't be pissed at me, or that I wouldn't scare her to death. I grinned to myself, exhaling smoke into the cold air as I thought about her hitting me over the head with something as impractical as an umbrella for a weapon, scared I'd be an intruder. 'Only two more blocks' I thought to myself, sighing as thoughts spun in my head. I nervously chain smoked the rest of the walk there, until finally I approached the sidewalk in front of our home. I stood there, staring at it for a second as I imagined Jade and Frances fast asleep in their beds, sleeping beautifully without my presence. I sighed, putting out my cigarette. I spotted some really pretty wild flowers growing in the grass, and decided to pick some. I took a deep breath, and walked towards the house.
Jade's Point of View
I was suddenly awoken by a knock on the front door, becoming louder and louder. They must have been knocking for awhile, and I was too deep in sleep to notice. I sat up from the bed, my heart pounding harder and harder. I stared at Kurt's spot, desperately wishing he were in bed next to me, here to tell me to stay put or stay behind him as he protected me. 'Oh god, Frances.' I thought to myself as I began to panic more and more. I quietly, but quickly went down to the kitchen and grabbed a large butcher knife. I looked down at my small frame as I hid it behind my back, suddenly realizing I was wearing nothing but Kurt's old shirt and some underwear. 'Shit.' I thought to myself, quickly finding a pair of his boxers in the nearby laundry room and sliding them on. My hands trembled and my heart hammered as I made my way closer to the door, the person still loudly knocking. They sounded like they were beginning to get pissed. I took a deep breath, the knife grasped tight behind me, and opened the door. I almost hit the floor in shock when I saw him standing there. For a moment I thought I was either losing my mind, or sleepwalking and hallucinating from wanting him home so bad. "Kurt.." I managed to get the words out, barely a whisper. "I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't stand it anymore, Jade. I snuck out, I'll go back early in the morning, I promise. Don't be mad." He told me, his blue eyes surrounded by redness. He looked absolutely exhausted. Tears filled my eyes from shock, I couldn't find any words to say. "I'm..I'm not mad, I just can't believe you're here." I mumbled, reaching out to touch his face, making sure I wasn't dreaming. He smirked and outstretched his arms, it wasn't until then that I realized he had picked an entire bouquet of brightly colored wildflowers. "These are for you." He said shyly, grasping the handfull in both of his hands. Hot tears streamed down my face as I gladly took them, letting the knife fall to the floor. Kurt's eyes grew large as he saw it. "Shit, I'm glad you didn't freak out and try to stab me." He chuckled. I laughed. "Hey, our little girl is upstairs. Gotta protect her." I said, admiring the beautiful flowers, and the beautiful man that was somehow mine, magically standing in front of me. "That's right, I'm proud." He smiled, reaching out and wiping away my tears. I took his hand and led us into the kitchen, quickly finding something to put the flowers in. I was setting them in a vase when I felt Kurt's long arms wrap around my waist, his chin rested on my shoulder as his touch sent chills all over me from head to toe. I smiled, biting my lip as he moved my hair away from my neck and began kissing the spot that he knew drove me crazy. It had been at least two weeks since we had been able to love each other without holding back. My entire body felt like it was on fire as I burned for him. I turned to face him, he stared at me with passion and desire and I melted straight to the floor. Our lips collided, and I couldn't get close enough to him. Moans escaped our lips as the kiss deepened, my heart accelerating quicker by the second. He lifed me up onto the kitchen counter, and my legs wrapped around him tightly. I slung off his shirt that I was wearing, he grinned and trailed his rough hands along my body as if I were his newest art sculpture that he was anxious to work on. Our lips crashed together once more, this time he lifted me up, walking towards the stairs with me still wrapped around his waist. He gently sat me down, and I quietly ran up them as I glanced behind me to see him grinning. I slid off his boxers on the way up and tossed them behind me, straight at his face. He chuckled and lifted me up after catching up to me in front of our room, cradling me in his arms. He sat down on the bed, and I jerked his clothes off as if they annoyed me. "I'm really glad you snuck out" I whispered, running my hands down his chest. He smirked and grabbed my face, pulling it to his as he began kissing me with pure passion. I gently pushed him down, laying him onto the bed as I straddled him. His electric blue eyes grew wide as I spent the next hour showing him exactly how glad I was to see him. There was no holding back, and I was honestly shocked that we didn't wake up Frances. We stared at the ceiling, sweaty and breathless as we both secretly dwelled on the thought that he'd be gone again in just a few hours. "I'm not going back." He mumbled as he played with my hair. "Oh, yes you are." I told him, propping myself up to look at him. "You expect me to go back after doing that to me?" He said, slightly smirking. "What did you expect me to do? I've missed you so fucking much." I asked as I kissed his face all over. "I dunno. Whack me over the head with an umbrella or something." He chuckled. I laughed and buried my face under his hair. "If you come a bit closer, I'll definitely make you want me to stay." He said in that low, perfect voice of his. He drove me absolutely insane. "Okay, Kurt the sex god." I chuckled, kissing his beautifully thin lips. He pulled the blankets up over us, kissing every inch of me. We spent the rest of our time lost in each other, trying to pretend that he wouldn't be gone again in just a few short hours.