Chapter Twenty-One

"Jade, wake up. You're supossed to go visit your mom today, remember?" Kurt whispered as he rubbed my back. 'Oh, yeah.' I thought to myself as I woke up. I was a little nervous, considering my mom and I have barely spoken in the past almost two years. But, I knew that it needed to be done. I layed still for a moment, not wanting to get out of bed. "Jade, I know you're awake. Don't make me tickle you." Kurt said softly. I didn't have to look at his face to know he was grinning, I could hear it in his voice. "You wouldn't." I said as my eyes flew open and I glared at Kurt, smirking. "Oh, but I would." He grinned as he went straight for my tickle spot right on my leg. "Kurt stopppp!" I laughed uncontrollably. "Fine, fine okay." He smiled as he pulled me close. "You nervous?" He asked as I sighed. I nodded my head yes and slowly got up from bed. I threw on one of Kurt's shirts and a pair of shorts before heading out the door. "You can do this, i'm sure it won't be bad like you think it'll be. I think you and your mom have both grown a lot since then. Besides, you need to try to at least make things right before Frances gets here." Kurt smiled as he said our daughter's name. I agreed and kissed him goodbye before driving away.
The ride wasn't too long, but it felt like eternity because of my nerves. I pulled into my mom's driveway and took a deep breath. "Lets hope your grandma will be in a good mood." I sighed as I talked to baby Frances in my stomach. I knocked on the door nervously and it flew open. It took everything I had to not react to the sight I saw.
"Jade, honey! Come on in! I want you to meet someone! Oh my goodness you've gotten so big, I can't wait to meet the little one." My mom said as she hugged me. "Jade, this is Frank, my boyfriend." She said as she motioned to the man in a button up shirt with dirty, slicked back brown hair. "Nice to finally meet you Jade." The man smiled. "Uh, you too. Mom, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, holding back my anger. "I'll let you two talk. I'll just step outside and smoke." Frank said awkwardly. "Mom, I can't believe you. Just because you and dad aren't getting along and he's living out of state for the moment because of a lame ass job, you cheat on him?!" I exclaimed, pissed. "I came over here to make things up with you and this is what I come home too?! Another man besides my father hugging all over you?! And what the fuck is this on the table, cocaine?! Cocaine, mom?! Great, just fucking great. My mom is a crack whore and my boyfriend is a heroin junkie. I'm trying to bring Frances into a good family and it keeps getting more and more fucked up!!! I'm going home." I said as tears rolled down my face and I stormed out the door. "Nice to meet you sweetie!" Frank said as I walked by. "No, fuck you. And don't fucking call me sweetie." I said before flipping him off and getting into my car.
I couldn't have been more happy to walk back into mine and Kurt's home. I was so frustrated that I couldn't even see straight. I walked straight upstairs and heard the familiar voice of Krist say "I think she's home, hurry, finish hanging that up!" 'What the fuck?' I asked myself as I walked to Frances' soon to be bedroom, where Krist's voice was coming from. I walked into the door and gasped. Dave, Krist, Kurt, and Shelli all yelled "surprise!" as they saw me. They had completely finished the nursery. It was the perfect color of lavender and the baby crib was bedded with white lace. A rocking chair was in the corner and pictures of little zoo animals, along with a picture of me and Kurt were hanging up. In the picture, Kurt was bent down, kissing my belly and it was perfect. Tears filled my eyes as Kurt came over to me and hugged me. "You guys, its beautiful. Its so perfect." I smiled. I had almost forgot what happened back at my mom's house. "So, how'd it go?" Kurt asked, smiling. "Uh, um. I think i'm gonna be sick." I mumbled before hurrying to the bathroom. I threw up into the toilet and Kurt was rubbing my back. "Babe, are you alright? Do we need to take you to the hospital?" Kurt asked, gently. "No, i'm not fucking alright. And no, I don't need to go to the damn hospital." I spat out, my emotions taking over. His blue eyes looked Kurt by my words as I stood up. "Kurt, i'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that. Its just, my fucking mom is cheating on my father and she acts like its completely normal!! And she's been doing cocaine!! God, is it possible for our child to come into a normal, stable family?!" I yelled as I sobbed. my pregnancy hormones were making everything so much worse. Kurt didn't know what to say, he just held me close to him until I calmed down.
I thanked the guys for helping with the nursery and Kurt and I climbed back into bed. "I just want her to have a good life. I want her to not be around this shit. It seems no matter how good things go, they fall right back to shit. How could my mom cheat on my dad?! I hope she knows she will not be a part of our daughter's life until she gets her priorities straight." I sighed. "Who knows why she did it. But, i'm sure she'll come around. You need to make sure she gets off the coke though." Kurt whispered as he played with my hair. I nodded and picked up the guitar. I need to let out some frustration.