“We have to leave tomorrow and I need you to start packing now.” 

“Okay...” I got up from my bed and started pulling out my different suitcases. I started packing all of my clothing until I heard a small knock on the door. 

“It’s open...” 

I turned around and faced a devastated Jake. I could see that his face was also streaked with tears and suddenly I ran into Jake’s arms and started to sob uncontrollably. It felt like my whole life was crashing down on top of me and nothing would be able to save me. I could feel Jake’s arms tighten around me, and it felt like he never wanted to let me go and I didn’t either. 

“I’ll miss you like the flowers miss the sun at night.” I heard Jake whisper into my hair. 

“I’ll miss you like a baby bird misses her mom when she leaves the nest.” I whispered back. 

I felt himself let go of me and kiss me with everything he had and I returned it with all the love in my body. 

“Please wait for me.” I replied quietly against his lips. 

“I will wait till the end of the world for you.” 

I smiled against his lips and gave him one last hug inhaling his woodsy scent. I felt his arms unwrap around my waist and his footsteps soften as he left my room. I walked back to my suitcase and I suddenly wished that I had left with him. Packing all my clothes I knew that was probably my last chance of ever seeing Jake forever. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thank You for traveling with London Airlines and please enjoy your stay.” I heard the intercom ring, rousing me from my sleep. I looked out the window and was greeted by lit up lights and a soon to be life that I was going to have to get used to. I looked to the right and I could see my parents face’s glittering with excitement at our newfound home but I couldn’t express my sadness. It has been less than 10 hours and I already missed the smile that Jake gives me in the morning or how he would grip my hand like he would never let go. 

I walked through the hallways and small gift shops that were littered through the airport barely acknowledging any of the sights. 

-------------

“Well darling welcome to your new home!” 

I looked around the quaint house that was decorated with small pieces of vintage furniture a television that was probably larger than all of my suitcases and photos of our family decorated on every noticeable wall space. Although, none of this appealed to me as I couldn’t get the thought of Jake out of my head; but, I couldn’t say this, I knew it would upset my parents so I put on a smile and replied, 

“It’s beautiful. There is nothing to say.” I turned towards the stairs and dragged my bags to my present room. 

“Honey, don’t forget that you are starting school tomorrow and that your schedule will be found in the front office and you will have someone to help tour you around the school.” 

“Of course mother...” I turned myself toward the window and laid my head on the pillow, missing the ever present smell of Jake that would always surround me as I slept. I laid my head down already drowsy from the plane ride, that last thought I had was this could never be my home. Never in a million years. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake’s POV

I missed her. It felt like a part of me was gone. I missed the way her hands would fit perfectly into mine, how her kisses would ignite a fire in my heart and how she would also stroke my cheek or hair when I was nervous or worried. I droned out all my friends, my grades were dropping even more than before and nothing seemed to be going right.