The Gift ( + important AN)

(Hey guys I'm back and I want you to know that my computer is getting older and i'll have to get a new one soon  But I will have every story that was on here on the new profile. But it will take a while so give me sometime ok. Thank you.)

You had to go to court today. And Zim was feeling protective. 

"Zim I have to go. I have to be there in 15 minutes or i'll be late!" You said rushing towards the door. "But what if something bad happens to you!?" He had a worried look on his face. "Zim i'm going to be fine. I promise." You said hugging him. "Ok but. I hope you come back soon." He said hugging you tightly. 

You both let go and you walked out the door. "Bye Zim I'll see you in a few hours." you smiled and got into Maria's car. 

"Talking to your boyfriend eh (Y/n)~" Maria teased. You blushed and nodded. Nichole was quiet. You put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you ok Nichole?" You asked. She smiled weakly at you. "Yes. I'm fine. Just tired I guess." She said as she looked out the window. "You guys did make up right?" You asked.

"Yes we did (Y/n). But I really shouldn't have said what I did." She told you. "Huh? What did you say?" You asked. "U-um well it that important." She faked lauhged. "No. It is important." Nichole spoke "Nichole?" Maria looked at her. She nodded. Maria nodded back. 

"(y/n). After this case we need to tell you something." Nichole told you with a serious voice. You were unsure about what she was saying. "Sure thing" You smiled

At the court house~

"All rise." The judge spoke. Everyone rose out of thier seats. "We are hear today to go over the case of Shelly (L/n) and (Y/n) (L/n). Read the charges." 

"Yes your honnor. Shelly is accused of child abuse and attempt murder. How do you plea?" 

Shelly looked at you with somewhat rage. Yet she was so calm about the situation. "Guilty." She said calmly. 

The judge looked at you. "Miss (L/n). Do you agree that this women should be locked up?" He asked you. 

You looked down in sadness. You were about to make the choice of locking up your only family member. But she did almost kill one of your best friends. She locked you up. She did so many horrible things. So in a way, she deserves what ever happens. Your mind was made up.

You looked back up at the judge. "Yes sir."

Everyone came to an agreement. 

"Shelly (L/n).  We find you guilty, I here by sentence you to 10 years with 1,000  for bail!" 

Goodbye Shelly.

"Before we dismis. (Y/n). Do you have anywhere to live at the moment. If not we will have no choice but to put you in foster care." The judge spoke. 

"Umm" You couldn't find the right words. How is 'I'm living with an alien and he's been a wonderful roomate' gonna work? Even if I did lie about him they still wouldn't let me stay with him. I have no idea how old he is in alien years but in human years he's 15! That wouldn't work. 

Come on think.

"She does have a place to stay your honnor! We will be taking her in." Maria spoke. "Is that so? How old are you young lady?" He asked. "Um 17 sir." She told him. "You do know that you have to be at least 21 or older right?" He told her.  "Yes I do sir. But I have been taking care of my little sister from a young age. And I'm working two jobs! So Please sir let us take her in." She begged.