Resolve

I went out of the clinic and went to the music room. It was 9pm so no one was probably out. I took a quick look everyturn to check if anyone was there. There was no one so I entered the music room. I shut the door behind me quietly. I brought along Sasha since I didn't want to leave him all alone.

I sat down near the piano near a big window. The window was open and a gust of cold wind blew my hair. I put down Sasha on top of the piano.

I hovered my fingers over the keys determined to play a song but my fingers trembled as I remembered my classmates remarks. I balled my hand to a fist and tears dropped down to the keys.

Why can't I play? Now of all times...I needed to succeed to be a great composer.

I pounded my hands to the keys which made a loud sound. I didn't care if anyone heard it. I faced the window and look up and saw a clouded moon.

I thought to myself that must be the state of my heart. It was clouded. I remembered the song which made me calm down when grandmother sang it to me years ago.

I sang loud enough to let the whole room hear my voice even if there was no one there. I slowed down the song I sang.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky~

I stopped momentarily letting my humming continue for a while.

Suddenly someone continued the song behind me.

When the blazing sun is gone
When he nothing shines upon

I looked up surprised to see Masato entering the room. What was he doing here?

His voice was beautiful. We sang together.

Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are~

Once we finished I looked over to him.

"Your voice was beautiful." I said to him.

"Thank you." He said as he sat down next to me. He noticed that I was clenching my hands. "I was the same before."

"Huh?" I asked.

"I was so nervous. My relationship with my father was just simple. I was fated to become our company's leader but I wanted to sing." He explained.

His family own big companies. I can see why it was hard to be in a family like that.

"But there was my butler who was always for me and encouraged me to follow my dream of becoming a idol."
He continued.

"So that's why you came here to Saotome Academy." I said.

I looked at Masato and he was staring at me.

"Um...can you tell me how you knew I was in here?" I asked him.

"After you fainted I knew that you weren't alright. So I was planning to visit you in the clinic. When I heard a loud sound it lead me here where you were singing." He explained. "I want to help you. After all you are my partner right?" He smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled shyly.

"Your voice is beautiful." He said quietly not loud enough for me to hear.

"Huh? What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied while his cheeks were turning pink. "Let's play the piano." He insisted.

"But...I can't play." I looked down in shame.

"I'll start and you follow my lead anytime you want to start." He started playing. His hands were beautifuly dancing on the keys as he played a song.

I unconciously followed his lead. We played and played which felt like an eternity. He was watching me play but I was to entranced to notice him.

One we stopped playing I realized.

"I played..." I said disbelife that I actually played.

"I...i..." Tears formed in my eyes. I bangged the piano twice before.

Piano, no, music was supposed to make people be happy not to be used to take my anger out upon. My tears fell down to my clenched fists as it drips to the keys.

"Im sorry...*hic* Im sorry..." I mumbled those words to myself.

Gosh...I'm such a drama queen, but only for now.

Masato understood since he knew how to play the piano well. He hugged me tight.

"Eh?" I was surprised.

"It's okay." He pat my head.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him. Not wanting to sound rude.

"I heard you sing before when you were with a little kid." He said.

He must be talking about the little girl, but how did he know? I did sing but I never noticed him there.

"I was in my car passing by when I heard someone sing." He continued. "I was stress out that time since my father wanted me back but when I heard your song your voice soothe my very heart. Your voice saved me."

"My voice...?" I was shocked beyond words.

I did remember a parked car along the road before. Who would have thought that we would meet.

"Yes your voice. When I noticed your uniform I knew you were going to Saotome Academy the same as me. I'm so glad to have met you." His hug tightened there was just enough room to make me breath.

"I see. Thank you." I couldn't think of anything to say.

I was blushing wildly thankfully the room was dim. The only light we used was from the moonlight.

He let me go and we looked at the stars. I grabbed Sasha and hugged him. I looked at the moon and saw it cleared up. Huh that must be a sign. I thought to myself.

"I already thought of a tune for our presentation." I told him.

"Thats great." He said. "By the way what is that bear for?" He asked me.

"This was a gift from my brother when we were seperated."

"You have a brother?" He sounded surprised.

"Well we're not blood related. We were together in the orphanage." I explained.

"I see...he must be important to you."

"He is..." I gazed silently at the window remembering his cheerful expression.

"I have to go back now my roommate would be worried about me." I said.

"Well then I shall go too." He stood up and went for the door.

"Thank you, Masato." I gave him a quick hug before I left. He seemed flustered by my action but it was too dark for me to confirm.

I went back to my room quietly while Haruka was sleeping. I got changed and went to bed. I have found my resolve.

~